lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-01-2020, 09:10 AM   #1
sean31
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 2003 Club Car DS solenoid not engaging

this is a friends cart I upgraded a few years back. Alltrax 500XCT controller, 400A super solenoid, Plum quick Executioner and Ausco disc brake conversion. I replaced the MCOR 1 with a part from amazon last year (i'm still learning) Have a feeling that may be the issue but can't prove it. I used a wire jumper between the blue and green on the 2 pin connection and nothing when pedal was pressed. Solenoid has power at large posts and nothing at the small. I checked voltage at the yellow wire in the 3 pin connector at the MCOR while pressing pedal and 0V. I do however have power at the white wire ~4.4V. Not sure if related but reverse buzzer has no power either. Appreciate any input you may have
Thanks
Sean
sean31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-01-2020, 10:07 AM   #2
sean31
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2003 Club Car DS solenoid not engaging

I have also verified power at the F/R switch and verified proper operation of the switch
Old 05-01-2020, 10:18 AM   #3
Jake_Daddy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Deleted wrong post!

Last edited by Jake_Daddy; 05-01-2020 at 10:25 AM.. Reason: Not relevant!
Jake_Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 10:48 AM   #4
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Are you still running the OBC?
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 10:52 AM   #5
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

You already jumperred the MS in the MCOR and it did not work, so you can test the potentiometer like this, but be aware the potentiometer will not hold out the solenoid activation. That is due to a permissive not being met in the controller:
With the batteries connected, key switch Off, Tow/Run switch in Run; place the black (–) probe on packs main Negative post and the red (+) probe on the yellow wire at the 3-pin connector near the MCOR. (The reading should be approximately ~0.32vdc to ~0.5vdc with the pedal up). Slowly press the Go Pedal and the readings should increase until it reaches ~4.65vdc or more when the pedal is fully pressed. (Anything less than 4.60vdc and you are not reaching full throttle). If the reading is erratic or jumps all over the place it is a bad MCOR potentiometer..... Get one here https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/mcors
Old 05-01-2020, 11:02 AM   #6
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Here is how to test the solenoid:
(Cart jacked up, key on, rocker switch in Fwd, and pedal depressed)
At the solenoid small posts do the following:
1- Take your DVM and place the red lead on the solid blue wire and the black lead on the main pack negative. You should get 48vdc or PV (If not, we lost the Pos Input. Check the Run/Tow switch and the Key switch for this permissive)
2- Next, take your DVM and place the black lead on the blue/white stripe wire and the red lead on the main pack positive. You should get 48vdc or PV (If not, we lost the Neg input - Fwd/Rev selected, OBC Lockout >30v, MCOR MS, Run/Tow in Run, Key On. etc.)
Old 05-01-2020, 11:05 AM   #7
sean31
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

yes
Old 05-01-2020, 11:07 AM   #8
sean31
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
1- Take your DVM and place the red lead on the solid blue wire and the black lead on the main pack negative. You should get 48vdc or PV (If not, we lost the Pos Input. Check the Run/Tow switch and the Key switch for this permissive)
2- Next, take your DVM and place the black lead on the blue/white stripe wire and the red lead on the main pack positive. You should get 48vdc or PV (If not, we lost the Neg input - Fwd/Rev selected, OBC Lockout >30v, MCOR MS, Run/Tow in Run, Key On. etc.)
thanks I will try these and respond back. I appreciate your response
Sean
Old 05-01-2020, 11:08 AM   #9
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

It could be the OBC lockout if you did not cut and splice together the Blue wire and White wire from the 6-pin harness connecting to the OBC's harness.
Old 05-01-2020, 03:11 PM   #10
sean31
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
So the MCOR test (which I did with key on the first time..) showed ~.5 and never moved when the pedal was depressed. Ordered an MCOR conversion kit from Revoltuion. Thanks

the Solenoid has no PV on the dark blue wire but does have ground on the blue/white wire. Is this caused by the MCOR or something else perhaps? cart still is using the OBC
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car