lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-02-2020, 09:34 AM   #1
nicwhite46071
Not Yet Wild

Default 1995 36V EZGO TXT No Power to Small lugs on Solenoid Cart wont move

I recently replaced the solenoid because I shorted it out by accidentally crossing the charging port wires when jumping the reed switch. I have power to the 2 big lugs but no power to the the small ones. Can someone help please and thanks in advance!
nicwhite46071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-02-2020, 05:32 PM   #2
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1995 36V EZGO TXT No Power to Small lugs on Solenoid Cart wont move

That’s a series cart, correct? You probably took out the micro switch too. Follow the path from the reed switch to the solenoid and see where you’re losing power.

You shouldn’t have power to both sides of the big lugs until the solenoid energizes. I think I’ve read it’s a false reading from the capacitors in the controller. DC the cable from the controller side and you’ll know.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg C352A52D-A5C1-4BF6-BB22-8ED3EE936146.jpeg (69.5 KB, 0 views)
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 08:09 PM   #3
nicwhite46071
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1995 36V EZGO TXT No Power to Small lugs on Solenoid Cart wont move

Sorry I was incorrect when saying that I had power to both of the big lugs. I only have power to one side. I checked the forward and reverse switches and they both seem to be reading accurately. My next question would be does the ITS or pedal switch control the solenoid power? If one was broke would it not engage the solenoid?

I have power to the green wire when I put it in forward or reverse but no power to the red, white, or black wires. Is this correct? Also when the pedal is pushed the voltage to the green wire I’ll reads 36+
nicwhite46071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO