lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-06-2020, 02:47 PM   #1
heacar0369
Not Yet Wild

Default 1995 ClubCar DS solenoid clicks while driving

I recently purchased 1995 club car ds that was in heated storage for about 20 years. It is in great shape with no visible damage, broken wires, etc. I replaced all of the batteries yesterday. The cart drives but the solenoid continues to clunk continuously while driving. It also will not charge. I have tested the solenoid and it passed, indicating that the problem is elsewhere in the cart. It did charge intermittently with the old battery pack so I just thought it was a low voltage issue that kept it from charging. Anyone have any suggestions? I live in a golf cart community and everyone seems to be stumped. Would the OBC cause this condition?
heacar0369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-06-2020, 04:15 PM   #2
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Default Re: 1995 ClubCar DS solenoid clicks while driving

You say it won't charge. What is the pack voltage?

Also. You should not drive the cart until those new batteries have a good full charge.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 04:56 PM   #3
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Check your Red wire from the charge receptacle to the Pack +.

Did you replace any of the battery cables? Even if they "look" OK they can still have corrosion inside which will cause a voltage loss issue while the cart is driving.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 10:45 AM   #4
heacar0369
Not Yet Wild

The pack is measuring 50.2 volts. The battery cables are also new. I’ve only driven the cart about 100 ft because of the solenoid issue.
Old 07-07-2020, 01:20 PM   #5
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by heacar0369 View Post
The pack is measuring 50.2 volts. The battery cables are also new. I’ve only driven the cart about 100 ft because of the solenoid issue.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 05:05 PM   #6
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Check battery voltage while the pack is under load. Possible you have a bad battery, or bad connection.
Does this cart have a Lever FnR switch, or small black rocker switch?
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 06:07 PM   #7
heacar0369
Not Yet Wild

This cart has the lever style switch. I will do a load test in the morning.
Old 07-09-2020, 01:04 PM   #8
heacar0369
Not Yet Wild

I attempted to run the load test today. I measured the whole pack on the battery side and have 50.0v. I pressed the accelerator and nothing. No solenoid click and the cart makes a small lurch, then nothing. The voltage stays at 50.0v with the cart on and the accelerator to the floor. I measured voltage at the charging receptacle and it is 37.51v. I plugged the charger in and it clicks on but the amp meter stays at zero. It does not jump to 15 amps like you would expect at the start of the charging cycle. I have 2 chargers (PowerDrive and PowerDrive 2) and 2 carts. Both chargers behave in the same manner on the problem cart but work and charge normally on the other cart.

Tags
95 club car
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car