lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-14-2020, 12:33 AM   #1
reeseman44
QualityCarts

Club Car

Default Navitas a/c precedent/onward , speed!?

whose got it? What is your setup and top speeds?
About to put the 600a 5kw in my onward.
reeseman44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-18-2020, 05:49 PM   #2
dougrobling
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Navitas a/c precedent/onward , speed!?

I have it on mine and the 9000 rpm limit to the motor keeps it limited to right at 50mph. I have the software limit set to 40 for everyday driving and it maintains that on all but the steepest hills (it only drops to about 38 on those...). Very impressive kit especially when coupled with a 72V lithium battery, but I did run it a few weeks with the old 48V L/A batteries and it performed pretty well like that as well.
dougrobling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 09:37 PM   #3
reeseman44
QualityCarts

Club Car

What kinda results did you get with 48v?
Im getting 32 and am pretty disappointed.
Old 07-20-2020, 09:07 PM   #4
Coheed
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougrobling View Post
I have it on mine and the 9000 rpm limit to the motor keeps it limited to right at 50mph. I have the software limit set to 40 for everyday driving and it maintains that on all but the steepest hills (it only drops to about 38 on those...). Very impressive kit especially when coupled with a 72V lithium battery, but I did run it a few weeks with the old 48V L/A batteries and it performed pretty well like that as well.

Interested in what performance was on 48v L/As.
Coheed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 09:08 PM   #5
Coheed
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeseman44 View Post
32 on the D&D setup in your signature or on the 5KW AC setup?
Coheed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 01:20 PM   #6
fstop
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeseman44 View Post
I'm running a 52v Lithium battery and max repeatable GPS speed on flat ground, 1 person, is 38.

I'd have to go back and look at notes, but on FLA batteries I think it was around 33 or so, and range at 25-30 mph was horrible.

RoyPow pack doubled effective range, cut charge times by 60%, increased top speed somewhat and definitely improved acceleration. Cart is 317 lbs. lighter now. Also, pack performance has essentially no noticeable sag as battery SOC goes down. FLA pack would begin to get sluggish pretty quickly. FLA pack was in great shape, and not old at time I replaced it. Dealer ran load test on my old pack and bought them from me.

Cart is Onward that is factory lifted with 23" tires, 5KW Navitas motor, Tac2 600a controller, battery mentioned above. I will say I run fairly low air pressure in my tires in the interest of ride quality, around 12psi, so running closer to the rated 20psi would probably push it maybe close to 40mph under ideal conditions but I haven't tried it.

Something worth mentioning is that the Club Car brakes aren't great (or at least mine aren't, and they are essentially new but I went through them anyway...look brand new / no wear so cleaned and reassembled), and that speeds north of 25 I'd say are too much for them in any sort of quick stop situation... even with a lighter cart like mine. In any kind of normal, predictable stopping situation they are completely fine. But you never know about the other guy that decides to pull out in your path...
fstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 07:14 AM   #7
reeseman44
QualityCarts

Club Car

32 is with my navitas setup. Was expecting better.
Old 07-24-2020, 12:56 PM   #8
ecpchris
Not Yet Wild

I have an Onward with the Navitas kit, 31mph with a blip at 32 on a long straight. I expected a little more also, so will prob upgrade the FLA to a lithium setup after I do more research.
ecpchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 09:10 AM   #9
Beerdude77
Getting Wild
Club Car

Can all of you with the 5kw AC motor and 600amp controller post what your max RPM is set to in the app settings?

I have a 2015 Precedent, factory wheels, with RPM setting of 6500 on the app, 2018 PDR batteries and I am getting 27-28mph on flats and 22-23 on the hills in my neighborhood. This with the 5kW motor, 600 amp controller, 400amp solenoid, and 2g wires on everything (except the "N" motor wire that came with motor/controller kit which I believe is only 4g but I could be wrong)

I was only getting 13-14 on flats and 10-11 on hills before with factory everything before so I am happy with the increases I have thus far.

But I really want to know what RPM everyone is running so I can decide if I want to up mine to say, 7500-8000. Or heck is the 9000 limit safe to set it at?

Thanks in advance for any replies
Beerdude77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 12:24 PM   #10
fstop
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerdude77 View Post
Can all of you with the 5kw AC motor and 600amp controller post what your max RPM is set to in the app settings?

I have a 2015 Precedent, factory wheels, with RPM setting of 6500 on the app, 2018 PDR batteries and I am getting 27-28mph on flats and 22-23 on the hills in my neighborhood. This with the 5kW motor, 600 amp controller, 400amp solenoid, and 2g wires on everything (except the "N" motor wire that came with motor/controller kit which I believe is only 4g but I could be wrong)

I was only getting 13-14 on flats and 10-11 on hills before with factory everything before so I am happy with the increases I have thus far.

But I really want to know what RPM everyone is running so I can decide if I want to up mine to say, 7500-8000. Or heck is the 9000 limit safe to set it at?

Thanks in advance for any replies
You said "factory wheels", so I'll go out on a limb and guess you've got 18.5" tires? Wheel size isn't important as far as RPM / speed etc... is concerned.

I'm pretty certain you can set the motor RPM limit to whatever you want - it won't matter because you won't hit a dangerous number with a 48v FLA battery bank.

Are you hitting the 6500 rpm point now? My guess is it won't spin over 7K even if you set it to 8K or more - the programming in the controller and the energy available just won't allow it.

I'm running in the low 7,000s, but WOT voltage is around 52v on my lithium battery. If I recall, my FLA pack could only hold around 46v (even right off the charger) at WOT, best case.

I've got 23" wheels, which presents a higher load to the motor / controller / batteries, but also requires less RPM for the same speed. So your battery might be able to hold a higher voltage than my FLA pack did at WOT if you in fact have smaller tires.

You can't hurt anything by setting your max speed in the app at 50mph (which automatically calculates what the max RPM will be, using the gear ratio you put in). My guess is you'll be around 30mph or so max, but please report back.
fstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car