lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-17-2020, 02:57 PM   #1
Texas
Not Yet Wild

Angry Cart won’t charge

96 club car put new Trojan batteries and new Modz Max Charger but can’t get to charge. Thought it was the new charger so they sent me another one and still same problem.
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-17-2020, 03:22 PM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: Cart won’t charge

What kind of cart? Is it 36v or 48v? Does it have an OBC?

Is the Red wire from the charge receptacle connected to the #1 battery positive post?

Are all batteries wired + to - in correct sequence? You should have approx 50v from Pack Main positive to Pack Main negative if all batteries are wired properly.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 08:41 PM   #3
Texas
Not Yet Wild

Its a 48 volt. I was told a 96 club car didn't have an OBC?? The red wire is connected properly. The batteries are wired in the proper sequence.
The batteries don't have enough charge to get that much voltage. I started charging them individually today but haven't finished.
You can hear the selenoid click when you step on accelerator but wheels wont turn. I checked total voltage today before starting to charge individual batteries and only had 38.5 volts. Not sure what to check next.
The cart ran fine after I put the new batteries on and after several days of usage it started to shutter when you accelerated. Tried to charge it but never could get batteries to charge up, and the charger doesn't give the proper lights to show it charging correctly.
Old 07-17-2020, 09:02 PM   #4
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Are you saying you put new batteries in it, never charged them, and now it has been run down that much?

I'm not sure what the minimum voltage is for that charger to kick on but I think it should. Like FT said, you have a problem somewhere else.

Yes that 48v cart came with an OBC but that charger should come on and charge with or without an OBC.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 09:02 PM   #5
R&TBabich
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas View Post
.... Not sure what to check next. ....
The fuse on the back of the charge port.
Do you have continuity from the negative charge port pin to B-?
The Modz Max charger just needs connections from the charge port to the batteries for B+ & B- and does not need the gray wire.
Check to see if you have an OBC, if you do it may be bad and a couple of wires will need to be changed to bypass it.
R&TBabich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 03:17 PM   #6
Texas
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for all the help. Bypassed the OBC and was everything seems to be working and charging. Shouldn’t had to do that with the Modz Max Charger but I did! And my old charger still works ! Thanks again for all the input!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car