lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-24-2020, 07:54 PM   #1
Melocco
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default emergency battery for 2010 pres. 48 volt

I have looked, but have not seen any posts about this. If it's a repeat or in the wrong section, please point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance.

I just got my 2010 club car and love it. It's got new battery's. Only thing is that I've ran out of juice twice so far. I was just wondering if anyone on here has ever put an extra battery (possibly in the back under my bed) and wired it as an auxiliary battery? Kinda like a motorcycle, if it runs out of gas, you can flip a few lever and give you a little extra gas to get to a gas station.

I don't think it would be too hard, but didn't know if it was worth the effort. The other option may be to wire up a battery charger (jump battery) to give me just enough power to get back.

Any thoughts?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20200703_110655.jpg (219.2 KB, 0 views)
Melocco is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-24-2020, 08:18 PM   #2
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Default Re: emergency battery for 2010 pres. 48 volt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melocco View Post
I have looked, but have not seen any posts about this. If it's a repeat or in the wrong section, please point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance.

I just got my 2010 club car and love it. It's got new battery's. Only thing is that I've ran out of juice twice so far. I was just wondering if anyone on here has ever put an extra battery (possibly in the back under my bed) and wired it as an auxiliary battery? Kinda like a motorcycle, if it runs out of gas, you can flip a few lever and give you a little extra gas to get to a gas station.

I don't think it would be too hard, but didn't know if it was worth the effort. The other option may be to wire up a battery charger (jump battery) to give me just enough power to get back.

Any thoughts?
I think this is a bad idea for lots of reasons. Are the new batteries charging?
How far and for how long are you driving it?
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 09:22 PM   #3
Melocco
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Yes, the batteries are charging. I drove it to a neighbor and around my property and few times. But it died on me going up a hill and I had to walk back to get the tractor to basically carry it back.

I use a laster summit II to charge it and after getting it back to plug in, Bluetooth showed the battery at 0%. About an hour later it was up to 7 I think.

I wouldn't use the extra battery to do anything but get me back.

Just out of curiosity, why do you think that it's a bad idea. I waa thinking about using a 12volt marine battery as the emergency setup and use a trickle charger to keep it charged when not in use.
Old 07-24-2020, 09:51 PM   #4
Budule
Gone Wild

Club Car

no ....just no....you have other issues if you ran the batteries down to 0...which is not really possible....good , charged batteries should last better than "around the property a few times"....get a voltmeter and test each battery voltage and report back....
Budule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 10:12 PM   #5
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Yes, the batteries are charging. I drove it to a neighbor and around my property and few times. But it died on me going up a hill and I had to walk back to get the tractor to basically carry it back.

I use a laster summit II to charge it and after getting it back to plug in, Bluetooth showed the battery at 0%. About an hour later it was up to 7 I think.

I wouldn't use the extra battery to do anything but get me back.

Just out of curiosity, why do you think that it's a bad idea. I waa thinking about using a 12volt marine battery as the emergency setup and use a trickle charger to keep it charged when not in use.
Does your neighbor live 15 miles away?

Do you live on a 500 acre ranch?

Your answer gives us no perspective on the problem.
Old 07-24-2020, 10:32 PM   #6
Budule
Gone Wild

Club Car

and exactly what kind of batteries ? ....
Budule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 10:47 PM   #7
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

And just trust us for the moment. Without going into 100 reasons right now why it is a bad idea. Every time you run those batteries down to that point you are damaging them.

It would be ridiculous to figure out a way to incorporate another battery into the system because of repeatedly drawing them down to a point the cart won't move.
Old 07-25-2020, 06:11 AM   #8
Melocco
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Sorry. As far as the amount of usage, in three days I drove it possibly 15-20 miles. The gauge on the cart (battery gauge) showed it had over half when I took off the last ride. Going up that hill, it shot down to close to empty and then stopped.. It hesitated just alittle before, but showed no sign it was dead. I guess I could just charge the batteries every night. But I was told not too by the guy that sold me the cart

Type of batteries are us. I don't know the exact model number.
Old 07-25-2020, 06:38 AM   #9
GATORB8
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
I guess I could just charge the batteries every night. But I was told not too by the guy that sold me the cart
This is your issue. I’m sure club car recommends the same as ez go, charge whenever not using, and in between golf rounds if possible.
GATORB8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 06:56 AM   #10
scat pack cart
Not Yet Wild

Yea, the xtra battery idea....probably not a good idea. You said new batteries...How new?.... New batteries need charged a little different. Some of the experts on here can help with that or try a sticky. Try to remember this. PARK IT AND PLUG IT. The guy told you wrong! You ran 15-20 miles without charging! I would switch your meter out to one that actually reads voltage (numbers). I did. Makes a big difference and pc of mind. By the way...your flowers need water and your pool needs cleaned.lol:
scat pack cart is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car