lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-01-2020, 11:59 AM   #1
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

Default Bought my first cart..'14 Precedent - Now what?

I've been looking to pick up a 48v AQ DS but couldnt' find one for a decent price, stumbled onto a '14 Precendent for not much more than the going rates on the DS. Cart was used by an older couple at the PGA Golf course (complete with names on the sides) and is in fantastic shape. OEM aluminum wheels, new tires, late '18 Crown batteries, rain enclosures, ostrich seats (not what I would pick, but it looks nice) and of course all the golf accessories. Got it from a auto mechanic/Club dealer. He threw in a spare blue body for it in case I couldnt' get the PGA decals off (I did). It's been tuned to do 27mph. Also has tinted windshield and a dashboard tray that sits above the OEM dashboard area.

I'd have preferred the DS, but SWMBO is going to be using this for daily transportation to the local school, and she liked the more modern look of the precedent. In the few times we've taken it out, I notice that it rides pretty rough (even with us two, the dog and the three year old in it) and has a shimmy in the steering.

I ASSume that balancing the tires isn't a thing? I was thinking of dropping the PSI and adding balance beads to it, and checking the alignment. I know the previous owner passed away, but I don't know how long ago. Cart may have sat. We also plan on seat belts, a rear seat, new steering wheel, some sort of rear view or side view mirror(s), and I think I'd like to have turn signals and maybe brake lights. We don't plan on off road with this, so I may do some oversize tires out back with a slight lift to give it rake. I'd love raised white letter tires, if they make 'em.

Any suggestions? "Must do" mods? Good sources for these parts? Thanks for the help.
Wakko47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-01-2020, 12:48 PM   #2
dannyre
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Bought my first cart..'14 Precedent - Now what?

Might need front end bushings...
dannyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 04:47 PM   #3
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

I believe they have been replaced, but I’m not sure. Any way to tell?
Old 08-01-2020, 05:45 PM   #4
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Nice "Drive By Brag" Now we need pictures. Congrads. Sounds like your on your way to what a lot of people do here. What it amounts to is jacking up the roof and putting a new everything under it.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 08:10 PM   #5
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

Here's the only two pics I have so far, after I loaded it up. The original body had some damage from battery acid, so the shop swapped the body out for me. They also gave me a spare nose in case I damaged the original while taking off the PGA decal. It didn't damage it, so now I have a complete spare body that's in really nice shape. Since it's so flexible, I dont' think it'll be a good idea to paint it, but perhaps I'll wrap it and swap the body out at some point for grins and giggles.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ClubCar.jpg (233.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg ClubCar2.jpg (177.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-04-2020, 11:30 AM   #6
scat pack cart
Not Yet Wild

Maybe dip the new body. I did a wrap on mine and it wasn't bad either. Revolution Golf here has all your parts and can answer pretty much any question you have. BTW, you'll need a bigger trailer with a new back seat your going to put on.lol . Have fun with upgrades. Can't wait for pics.
scat pack cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 11:37 AM   #7
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

nice looking cart to start with , congrats
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 01:54 PM   #8
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scat pack cart View Post
Maybe dip the new body. I did a wrap on mine and it wasn't bad either. Revolution Golf here has all your parts and can answer pretty much any question you have. BTW, you'll need a bigger trailer with a new back seat your going to put on.lol . Have fun with upgrades. Can't wait for pics.
I'll check out RG...you're the second person to recommend them in two separate threads of mine. You're right on the trailer, it's a tight squeeze. I think if I put it backwards and used a hitch extender it would fit, but ultimately it's not even my trailer. I've got an enclosed 10 footer here that will make a perfect cart trailer, but I don't think I'll have too many instances where I'll need to tow it anywhere.

Swan, thanks...I appreciate your insight.
Old 08-04-2020, 04:00 PM   #9
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakko47 View Post

Swan, thanks...I appreciate your insight.
No problem , any time
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car