lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-12-2020, 07:44 PM   #1
Shandog777
Not Yet Wild

Default Load test 2004 Club Car DS

I attached a voltmeter to my friends 48V club car. It pack tested at 48v. It should be higher, correct? Also I rode up hills and it would drop to 47.4 and all the way to 44v and then at times would jump all around. Literally to 117, 37, 57, 44, and eventually settle on 46 or 47. After riding for about 5 minutes I parked it and the reading was 46.6. I am new to this so I am assuming that the batteries are clearly bad, but is there something else? It stalled a lot up the hills and was wondering if it may be an Mcor issue as well.
Shandog777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-12-2020, 11:27 PM   #2
Shandog777
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Load test 2004 Club Car DS

One other thing... when I jacked up the back of the cart to do the load test, the passenger side back tire wasn’t turning? What’s with that? The cart doesn’t pull of jerk or anything while riding.
Old 08-13-2020, 07:34 AM   #3
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

batteries are toast , time for a new set
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Johnnie_BChart.jpg (31.4 KB, 0 views)
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 07:41 AM   #4
Jake_Daddy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Only one wheel spinning is normal.
Jake_Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 08:20 AM   #5
Shandog777
Not Yet Wild

Thank you guys! I am learning and I really appreciate the help!!
Old 08-13-2020, 08:33 AM   #6
Shandog777
Not Yet Wild

Just out of curiosity, it is it normal for the voltage to spike up and down like that while driving with a voltmeter on it?
Old 08-13-2020, 08:57 AM   #7
Jake_Daddy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Spike up above pack voltage doesn’t make sense and is probably a bad meter or connection. It will fluctuate a bit while driving though. On my cart it can drop down around 44.8/45 volts for a split second during heavy acceleration then come back up as you are cruising. If it stays steady at 44-45v for a noticeable amount of time that tell you the pack is toast. Also stalling out on hills is one of the quickest ways to burn up a motor so if that happens get your foot off the gas.
Old 08-13-2020, 09:01 AM   #8
Shandog777
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake_Daddy View Post
Spike up above pack voltage doesn’t make sense and is probably a bad meter or connection. It will fluctuate a bit while driving though. On my cart it can drop down around 44.8/45 volts for a split second during heavy acceleration then come back up as you are cruising. If it stays steady at 44-45v for a noticeable amount of time that tell you the pack is toast. Also stalling out on hills is one of the quickest ways to burn up a motor so if that happens get your foot off the gas.
That’s great info! Makes sense. It is also more likely to just keep pushing through when your cart is stalling or dragging up a hill. I never thought about it stressing the motor.
Old 08-13-2020, 09:26 AM   #9
Jake_Daddy
Gone Wild

Club Car

When an electric motor stalls it has extremely high current running through it and none of that goes to mechanical power so it generates high heat very quickly.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car