lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-03-2013, 06:55 PM   #21
coachpete
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: precedent light kit, Do i need a reducer?

Ok after 4 hours of cussing at my cart and replacing parts in the kit due to failure I have a ultimate light kit that is not fully functioning yet. I had to replace the clamp for the turn signal switch due to the clamp that came with the kit fell apart in my hands which is never a good sign.

One of the two white lights in the front of the cart does not work which I believe is simply a bad light bulb which I have contacted the seller to get a replacement at no cost. Finally and what I am most upset about is that the brake lights do not work.

I mounted everything as required and using the MadJax videos on youtube helped but none the less the brake lights do not turn on when pressing the brake pedal. The side blinkers work as advertised and the rear lights also work when using the side blinkers.

Has anyone run into these same issues?
coachpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-03-2013, 07:37 PM   #22
jantrree
Gone Wild
Club Car

Do the rear lights work when you just turn on the lights? If so, then you either have a brake light relay problem or your switch is bad. Did the kit come with a relay? Did you check to see if you just pulled the brake switch by hand if the brake lights worked? If so, you need to adjust the switch. I had to adjust my switch and brake linkage so that when I pressed on the brake pedal, the switch was pulled out enough to turn on the brake lights.
jantrree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:01 PM   #23
coachpete
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Adjusted and got the rear brake lights to work. Thanks for the tip on adjustment. Now anyone know where to get a replacement bulb for the front headlight?
Old 03-04-2013, 06:06 AM   #24
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachpete View Post
Adjusted and got the rear brake lights to work. Thanks for the tip on adjustment. Now anyone know where to get a replacement bulb for the front headlight?
. . . thought seller was providing replacement bulb? . . . if not, what is bulb number?
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 06:12 PM   #25
coachpete
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Ok so I have used my light kit a couple of times and it seems when I have the front lights on and cruzing down the road I start to smell a burning smell from under the seat and I dont know if this is a break in smell form the light kit but I tool a look to make sure no wires were crossed or anything but could not find anything. Anyone else run into this issue?
Old 03-17-2013, 08:46 PM   #26
89GatorClub
Gone Wild

Club Car

Just an FYI there is no "break in period" for electricity. If you smell something I would stop right then and research where it is comming from. Touch the wires on the shield, they will be warm to hot if something is shorting or a loose connection
89GatorClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:06 PM   #27
tece50
Getting Wild

Club Car

I purchased a 2009 CC a couple of weeks ago and a light kit was to be added. I advised the dealer I wanted the lights ran to pull off the entire 48v battery pack. Since I had read on BGW about the 48v-12v reducer, I offered to buy one to make sure it was off the whole pack. He said no need, that the batteries and lights went through the on board computer and part of the computer had a voltage reducer in it, and assured me it was pulling off the entire pack. I'm by no means an expert, and still trying to learn, but...that concept never really made sense to me. I would love for someone to explain it to me..because what I've read so far in this thread makes a heck of a lot more sense to me. Thank you
tece50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:27 PM   #28
coachpete
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Just for clarification my lights are not hooked up to the entire pack, rather I am running off battery number three per the instructions form MadJax.
Old 03-18-2013, 05:00 AM   #29
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by tece50 View Post
I purchased a 2009 CC a couple of weeks ago and a light kit was to be added. I advised the dealer I wanted the lights ran to pull off the entire 48v battery pack. Since I had read on BGW about the 48v-12v reducer, I offered to buy one to make sure it was off the whole pack. He said no need, that the batteries and lights went through the on board computer and part of the computer had a voltage reducer in it, and assured me it was pulling off the entire pack. I'm by no means an expert, and still trying to learn, but...that concept never really made sense to me. I would love for someone to explain it to me..because what I've read so far in this thread makes a heck of a lot more sense to me. Thank you
. . . that dealer does not understand the concept of the OBC either . . . I would steer clear of him for future repairs . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:19 AM   #30
Dingleberry
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by tece50 View Post
I purchased a 2009 CC a couple of weeks ago and a light kit was to be added. I advised the dealer I wanted the lights ran to pull off the entire 48v battery pack. ...........
The '07 and older 'Dent's (12v batts) were pre-wired for lights which run off of one of the 12v batts, the front right I believe, connected thru the OBC compartment. I don't know of any that came with a stock 48v reducer, tho.
Dingleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car