lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-28-2016, 02:19 PM   #11
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: "Just for Fun" Marathon Project w TXT Front End, HS Gears, etc

Another 40min, Tires done, just another 2 holes to drill and the cowl is all mounted, hoping to get the inner dash done tonight as well as mounting the light bar - Looks like if all goes well she'll be ready for market in another day !!!

20161228_125819.jpg
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-30-2016, 06:06 PM   #12
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Well another lick in, Wire-Wheeled and blasted the box, hit it with some POR Bedliner, looks almost like new ... Cowl is finally all fitted and aligned, just need to cut off the old mounting tabs and install the new trim moulding - last few steps are going to be reassembling the box, seatback and cart as one piece again, trim and reinstall the rockers, scrub and reinstall the floor mat - then hopefully this weekend get it fine-tuned, governor dialed in, alignment ... Last is going to be the top, I have about half a dozen rear canopy support sets laying around so hopefully i can make one fit *and* look right, if not she's going down the road without a canopy

20161229_235556.jpg

20161229_235705.jpg

20161229_235635.jpg
Old 12-30-2016, 10:29 PM   #13
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

The bed and cowl look good. Where's the budget stand right now?
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 11:40 AM   #14
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Right about $508 and just under 5hrs at this point ... Looks like it's staying on track nicely, last night one of the neighbors that live up the road stopped by the shop to say "Hi" and to see what I had available because he's looking for a second cart for the kids before spring so they stop bugging him to drive HIS, LOL - When I told him I was hoping to put it up somewhere between $1500 and $1700 his eyes lit up pretty big-time, hopefully that's a good sign :)
Old 01-05-2017, 07:12 PM   #15
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Heading into the home stretch, need to trim and refit the rockers after i put the new floor mat in, somehow the seatback ended up 3/16" crooked - and I found a pretty corroded terminal on the pedal microswitch today so I'm just replacing it so it doesn't give the new owner any troubles ... Runs out strong and solid at 19mph with room to go w the governor, pulls like crazy with the shorter Yamaha belt - looks like maybe another hour or so and it's time to give her the final "presentation polish" and get a set of pics up on Craigslist !!!

20170105_175006.jpg

20170105_175022.jpg

Anybody want to throw their 2 cents into the ring as to what I should ask for it? EZGO 295 4-Stroke, new plugs, carb, all filters, oil change, valves perfect, new Yamaha short belt, new shift cables, 5" lift with extended late leaf springs on the front, HD springs on the rear, brand new 22X11-8's, diamondplate cargo box, new floor mat and new cargo mat in box, box freshly cleaned up and POR-15 Bedlined, also still have to add the 180w light bar (should be on tomorrow) ... Opinions?
Old 01-07-2017, 04:30 PM   #16
Minnesota_Duane
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I don't know what your market is there but around here I would start at $2200. I sold this one the summer before last for $1500 before I got it home from the shop, I was going to keep it. Will that used set of gears fit a 2000 workhorse? If so what would you need to get for them?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 005.jpg (188.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 008.jpg (179.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 007.jpg (208.9 KB, 0 views)
Minnesota_Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 03:25 PM   #17
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Well, she's FINALLY all ready for Market ... Total Investment $512 and just a hair over 8hrs shop time. Starts and purrs like a Kitten, runs out at 22mph all day long and handles hills quite well now that she's all dialed in - if I had my druthers I'd have probably put new brake shoes on it but it stops fine with the ones on there once I adjusted everything, just not a huge ton of meat left on the shoes. Oh well, she's on Milwaukee CL for $1900 if anyone in the area needs a really nice cart that has been 100% thoroughly gone through !!!

Finish02.jpg

Finish01.jpg

Finish03.jpg

Finish04.jpg
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO