lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-15-2012, 08:16 AM   #131
rich6111
Getting Wild
Club Car

Thumbs up Re: Digital Voltmeter Display Installed

I used the same meter that scubabud did and it works good. It was $9.00 and free shipping.
rich6111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-04-2012, 12:37 PM   #132
krockhill
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Digital Voltmeter Display Installed

Scubabud, I just got mine in the mail yesterday. I am interested in hooking it up to the ignition however I am not the best when it comes to wiring. Do you know which color wire would go to the ignition, voltage reducer, ground etc...? Also, I am considering mounting a fuse block and wiring it to the ignition so some of my accessories wouldn't always be "hot" Any thoughts?
krockhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:24 PM   #133
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubabud View Post
Wanted to update this thread for future readers...

My opinion is to stay away from all the cheap eBay meters out there. To date I have gone through 3 of them. I purchased "1" (scottyb) meter last year and it's working like it should... not one problem

Actually would have cost me less in the long run
Are you guys reading the same thread I am? Above is a post from the previous page ...

Anyway, use your digital meter and determine if your cart's key wires are + or - and then connect the corresponding meter wire to it. Run the other wire to the battery pack main (opposite the polarity you got at the key) Be careful, Polarity is very important. I don't think the eBay meters have reverse polarity protection like mine?
Did you get any wiring instruction with your eBay meter? Can you scan and post it here?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:47 PM   #134
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

If anyone else reads this thread please note what I said before as Scotty pointed out above this post. Save your money, don't buy the cheap eBay meters. Get a completely waterproof, simple 2 wire connection, heavy duty meter such as the one Scotty sells. It looks good and works great 24/7. I have mine on all the time, running or charging so I know what my pack is doing or not doing... LOL
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:10 PM   #135
Dhenryjr
Getting Wild
Club Car

If anyone else reads this thread please note what I said before as Scotty pointed out above this post. Save your money, don't buy the cheap eBay meters. Get a completely waterproof, simple 2 wire connection, heavy duty meter such as the one Scotty sells. It looks good and works great 24/7. I have mine on all the time, running or charging so I know what my pack is doing or not doing... LOL

DITTO WHAT HE SAID! Best investment you can make, especially with new batteries
Dhenryjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:34 AM   #136
lowrider
Getting Wild

Club Car

lowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:41 AM   #137
krockhill
Not Yet Wild

No, unfortunately it did not come with a diagram. I am going to look into one of Scottyb's meters!
krockhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car