lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-27-2018, 02:20 PM   #11
KensEZGO
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2014 48v EZGO TXT - DCS or TXT48

Greenwood
KensEZGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-27-2018, 02:27 PM   #12
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Ever hear of the big town of Chappells? My lake place is 3 miles from there on the Cross Hill side. What speed are you getting now? Freedom mode?
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 02:34 PM   #13
KensEZGO
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Bob, that's great news. I would like to know where the programming is currently set at and how much more I can do at this point. I am not sure the dealer put it in 'Freedom' mode or not. He just said he increased the speed. Is the passkey just numerical digits programmed in the controller or is it a piece of hardware? Is the speed the only thing that can be changed here? If torque is when you first take off, then I am good with that. It takes off fast enough for me. No complaints on that.
I really appreciate you talking with me on this. All this is new to me.
Old 06-27-2018, 02:39 PM   #14
KensEZGO
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Yes, I know exactly where Chappells is at.
I was at Ocean Lakes Campground last week and they have a speed checker at the entrance. With loaded cart (4 adults) it registered me at 16 mph. I am not sure about "Freedom Mode". Do not know how to check it.
Old 06-27-2018, 02:42 PM   #15
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Bob is the Curtis expert here in my opinion and with his programming skills can really tweak these controllers. With a regular 4401 hand held you can make a few changes with acceleration and regen as well as change between speed modes but not much more. If you want a bunch of difference an XCT is in your future.
Old 06-27-2018, 03:02 PM   #16
KensEZGO
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks kgsc, I just didn't know what all the controller controlled.
So:
• Acceleration
• Breaking (regen)
• Speed
are the programmable performances that I can adjust? Now, just curious on where I sit currently with the programming.

Do you think a local dealer would tell me what is currently programmed in the Curtis?
Old 06-27-2018, 03:24 PM   #17
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

If you’re only reaching 16 I’m guessing that you are not turned all the way up speed wise. They may have turned on freedom mode (17.5 by default) but even that requires the hand held to turn it up to 19.5. Your local dealer may take a look for you but may want some $$ to do it. I have a hand held and can look at those settings for you sometime when I am up in Chappells.
Old 06-27-2018, 03:37 PM   #18
KensEZGO
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Ok, that sounds great. I would really appreciate that. Thank you for all of the information also.
Old 06-27-2018, 03:40 PM   #19
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

There are also folks buying the usb cable from eBay and getting the Curtis software to use on their laptop if you are so inclined.
Old 06-27-2018, 03:46 PM   #20
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

The 1206HB-5201 can do pretty quick accel with stock tires and the upper speed limit with those tires is limited to 20-21 MPH. An Alltrax controller can give you higher speed, but like I mentioned, the stock controller is no slouch when turned up. Freedom mode is nothing more than a toggle (on/off) of a parameter that E-Z-GO chose to sell as an option. The passkey is a plug that plugs into the programming port that enables code in the controller to flip the Freedom mode toggle to on. It also sets a lower limit on maximum current that the controller is allowed to send to the motor. So while speed increases, accel is reduced slightly to compensate. If Freedom mode has been turned on, I disable Freedom mode to prevent a possible corruption of the memory map, alter the current limits back to 100%, then enable Freedom mode. I do all of this through programming software on a laptop computer plugged into the controller. Last time I was in that area was about 3 months ago. I visited an RV resort north of Greenwood, along a lake a bit north of I-85.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO