lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-15-2010, 05:25 PM   #11
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: insurance???? how much?????

Now I will throw in the crusty part, you absolutly have to have stated value and have it aproved or they will not give you a cent above the bare carts value. If it burns up they will not pay for the the rims, sterio, paint etal.

Ask Sprid about his Rhino.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-15-2010, 06:47 PM   #12
Logansar
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveintn View Post
do y'all carry property insurance? $$

how much is liability insurance? $$

I pay $71 a year for liability through Farmers
Logansar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 08:49 PM   #13
SpoiledRotten
Conservatively Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOmsman View Post
Now I will throw in the crusty part, you absolutly have to have stated value and have it aproved or they will not give you a cent above the bare carts value. If it burns up they will not pay for the the rims, sterio, paint etal.

Ask Sprid about his Rhino.
I told my agent what the worth of mine is and that's how much they needed to insure it for. They put that amount down and said "done".
SpoiledRotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 10:07 PM   #14
purplerail
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

95 a year for progressive full coverage
purplerail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 12:02 AM   #15
2monsters
Gone Wild

Club Car

$100 a year full coverage with State Farm
2monsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 08:36 PM   #16
jthiewes
Not Yet Wild

For those posters saying they only paid $75 to $100 per year for insurance and say they are fully insured are living in a pipe dream. You more than likely are getting the minimum liability coverage that your state requires. In many cases that's 15,000 each person/30,000per accident. That's about what you are getting for your $75 per year.

What if you lose control of your cart or accidently run into another cart or person and they end up in a wheelchair or bed for life? They're going to end up sueing you for hundreds of thousands of dollars. Your cheap minimum insurance coverage will settle with them for the $15,000 max and you will be on the hook personally for the remainder. That lawyer of the kid you hit or of the father of four will hound you for the next twenty years to collect the money from you. Say goodby to your retirement accounts, savings, assets and plan on having your wages garnished 50 percent for the next 20 years until the judgment is paid.

If you have any kind of decent job and trying to build retirement assets and other savings, have a family and trying to climb up the ladder at work for a better future, you need to spend a few extra dollars a year and bump youself up to 250,000/500,000 limits. Remember, you're not really buying insurance to protect other people out there, you're buying it to protect yourself and your family from lawsuits.

Also probably the biggest mistake you made in buying your cheap policy is not buying uninsured motorist and underinsured motorist. You also need that in the same amount of 250,000/500,000. This insurance will cover you when that redneck with no insurance or carries the state required minimum insurance comes roaring around the corner and plasters your cart and you're laying out in the street and end up in a wheelchair or have to go through many months of specialized care and have a permanent disability. Without this insurance you will end up with nothing or will get their state minimum requirement insurance of $15,000. If you have this insurance, you're covered for up to the $250,000 max instead of their low $15,000 max. You have to use your head. If you're smart enough to be able to read this post, you should be smart enough to think about what's right for you and your family.

Also if your cart is worth $3,000 and up, you need comprehensive and collision. Probably another $50 a year or so. Take a $1,000 or $500 deductable.

I just bought my new cart and paid $205 through Progressive for the full coverage above. If you can afford to pay the kind of money you paid for a decent cart, you can afford the extra hundred bucks or so a year to protect yourself. The quote through Foremost was about the same. I only went with Progressive as i could do it all online and change the different coverages to get different rates.
jthiewes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 01:37 PM   #17
downtick
Not Yet Wild

I've seen prices from $75 up to a few hundred depending on the state.

Try www.lsvinsurance.com, they sell in most states.
downtick is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO