lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-24-2010, 01:58 AM   #1
buddy48
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Worth the price?

A guy I know wants $800 for this cart. The model number says it is a 94. It has the F/R switch down behind your leg. I haven't looked underneath the controller to see if it may be a PDS, but my instincts tell me it is a DCS. The cowl has been relplaced on it. Not sure how old the batteries are, but it runs decent.

I can see from above that the battery tray is slightly rusted, I haven't looked under the cart to see what the condition the frame is in. The body was painted red and the clear coat is coming off in a few spots and there are your typical scratches.

For $400 bucks can get a lift, tires and ehavier springs in the back. I just dont want to dump a ton of money int this thing and still have a $800 cart.

I am gonna use it around the neighborhood and sometimes at the hunting club.

Any comments are greatly appreciated!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg golfcart.jpg (80.5 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg golfcart2.jpg (78.5 KB, 26 views)
buddy48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-24-2010, 06:38 AM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Worth the price?

If it is a 94 I would say it is a series cart. Look for the run/tow switch on the controller cover. If it is there, it is a DCS. PDS didn't start till 2000 I think. As for a good deal, depends on the age of the batteries. Just for comparison, I have a 99 DCS cart with 07 bats for sale for $1100 with no bites. Good luck
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 10:41 AM   #3
buddy48
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
If it is a 94 I would say it is a series cart. Look for the run/tow switch on the controller cover. If it is there, it is a DCS. PDS didn't start till 2000 I think. As for a good deal, depends on the age of the batteries. Just for comparison, I have a 99 DCS cart with 07 bats for sale for $1100 with no bites. Good luck
Got any pictures?
Old 02-24-2010, 11:15 AM   #4
pggroves
steeplejack x

E-Z-GO

A 94 will definitely be a series cart and can be EITHER a Marathon or a Medalist. Battery arrangement can be the easiest way to tell them apart.

6 in the middle = Medalist
3+3 = Marathon.

Not a bad price if batteries are only a year or two old. IF it's a Marathon then after market parts are becoming more and more scarce and that would devalue the cart some IMO.

Good luck.
pggroves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 12:17 PM   #5
buddy48
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

It is a medalist because the batteries are in the middle. It ran approximately 12-13 mph. Is that typical? I didn't try it on any hills. How much would it slow down on hills?
Old 02-24-2010, 06:06 PM   #6
Paxdad
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

12-13 MPH is the industry mark for that year cart. Expect a 40% decrease in speed on hills all things equal with the cart batteries. Could be way worse if the batteries are weak.
Paxdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 07:06 PM   #7
buddy48
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxdad View Post
12-13 MPH is the industry mark for that year cart. Expect a 40% decrease in speed on hills all things equal with the cart batteries. Could be way worse if the batteries are weak.
Thanks for the info. One more thing. If I want to use it for hunting and creeping al slower speeds isn't a series cart better suited for this?

That is what I heard anyway...
Old 02-25-2010, 07:09 PM   #8
buddy48
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy48 View Post
Thanks for the info. One more thing. If I want to use it for hunting and creeping al slower speeds isn't a series cart better suited for this?

That is what I heard anyway...
Anymore thoughts on the above?
Old 02-26-2010, 07:59 AM   #9
Paxdad
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

From my experience a series does not build as much heat under low pedal amp draw.
Paxdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO