lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-27-2010, 09:12 PM   #1
Sherry O
Not Yet Wild

Default 1996 EZGO worth the price??

Please be patient as I am not yet an owner, only considering and have no real knowledge of these things. Seller states that 1996 has 6/12V batteries. Have been told this is impossible;however, could a modification have been made to allow 72V?? Silly question?
Sherry O is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-27-2010, 09:15 PM   #2
golfcarfixer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 1996 EZGO worth the price??

I think someone is pulling your leg.If you said 4-12volt batteries I could say yes.
golfcarfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 09:15 PM   #3
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Possible yes, likely on stock setup, no. Are there any batteries outside the main golf cart? IE like in the rear bag well?
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 09:34 PM   #4
Sherry O
Not Yet Wild

Seller insists that there are 6/12V( I questioned this). Don't know the exact model/make, just know EZGO, 1996. Only saw a pic. Price is good, I think. Saw an add and called to ask questions. Seller is not orig owner, so maybe someone modified it? If it did have 6/12V wouldn't it have speed? The current owner is older gentleman in Fla. so doubt he needs speed, but of course, who knows. Need to determine if this is worth bringing long distance.
Sherry O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 09:57 PM   #5
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Here's the probable scenario:

Seller has replaced his six 6v golf cart batteries (36v) with six 12v automotive batteries and wired them as two parallel 36v packs. He used automotive batteries to save money, maybe he got a deal on them from a truck . Ask the seller to measure the pack voltage at the cart charge receptacle. If it's 36v, the cart is workable, if it is 72v do not buy it unless you know EXACTLY what has been done to this cart. 72v is way past a normal setup.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 09:58 PM   #6
CC-John
prop. A$$hole's Garage

See if the seller will email you a picture of the battery bay, that will settle it.. Six volt batteries will only have three filler caps on each battery, twelve volt batteries will have either two oval shaped caps or six round caps per battery.. Sometimes sellers that are not well versed in carts just assume they all use 12V batteries..
CC-John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 01:56 PM   #7
tguarino
Not Yet Wild

You never put a price on your post.

I think you are better off finding something closer to a standard setup.
tguarino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 02:56 PM   #8
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

I have worked on a few carts where teh owner put 6 12V in his cart. They are wired in 2 parallel packs. His son in law works at a battery wharehouse. He had installed 6 agm 12v batteries. Each battery had 880cca on the label. They were also dated 07.

Could be either, but unless you/the current owner kno for sure i would skip and find another.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO