lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-13-2011, 05:16 PM   #11
Gale Hawkins
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Video Demo of a Battery Desulfator

scottyb the BatteryMINDer Model 36271 clip on end fell out into the Blazer yesterday and I cut not start the test yesterday but my son found it this AM and this afternoon we got it set up on three 12v deep cycle batteries that are 5 years old and abused.

The starting voltages are 12.44, 12.36 and 12.30 with SG readings from 1.180 to 1.260 in the 18 cells after adding water to get the plates just covered and charging for a long while. Since all were charged in parallel so all the SG's should have been about equal but vary by .8 when any difference between cells of .05 typically is bad news.

I do not know if the 2.7 amp charging feature on the Model 36271 can raise the voltage but it is making a few bubbles. I will give it until 15 April 2011 then with the warmer weather I will want it back on my cart eating in crystals that may be or form on the plates.

There is only one review of the BatteryMINDer Model 36271 on the makers website. It was by a cart owner who said he cooked his batteries and used them low on water. He said the battery minder recovered his cart battery in one week. If they were truly cooked do not think there is anything that will recover them but he may have not meant it the way I took it.
Gale Hawkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-13-2011, 06:36 PM   #12
ezgokid
resident idiot

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gale Hawkins View Post
ezgokid just because we do not understand something does not mean it does not work.

Because I can return the BatteryMINDer Model 36271 for another 49 weeks for a full refund I intend to understand how it does it magic if objective tests proves it does work.

When the T-105's are $200 a piece more will be interested in extending run times and decreasing recharging times with their banks.

I do understand your lack of interest but this project is for those who are interested in the value these kinds of products if any. Objective tests are the only way to know.

We all know batteries that are on 24/7 charging technology do last longer so the tender feature may be worth the cost but at this point my concern is does this desulfator work as I expect it will and if not will I get the refund per the terms of the contract with BatteryMINDer.
T-105s are nowhere near $200ea. and doubt they ever will be.

I understand it, Gale. It's not hard for one to look on Google for battery desulfation. So I don't appreciate the assumption that I don't understand it.

People have yet to provide solid evidence that it works. In fact, there was a thread where a user said he bought one, used it, said he was going to post results, and we never heard from him again. I remember another user who said he talked to the manufacturers and said if they could provide proof, he would buy tons of them. Not one took the offer. So excuse me if I have a hard time believing that this model will be any different from the others.

That said, I would love to see your results and hope it all works out.
ezgokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 01:05 AM   #13
Gale Hawkins
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Thumbs up Re: Video Demo of a Battery Desulfator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezgokid View Post
T-105s are nowhere near $200ea. and doubt they ever will be.

I understand it, Gale. It's not hard for one to look on Google for battery desulfation. So I don't appreciate the assumption that I don't understand it.

People have yet to provide solid evidence that it works. In fact, there was a thread where a user said he bought one, used it, said he was going to post results, and we never heard from him again. I remember another user who said he talked to the manufacturers and said if they could provide proof, he would buy tons of them. Not one took the offer. So excuse me if I have a hard time believing that this model will be any different from the others.

That said, I would love to see your results and hope it all works out.

http://www.bfmbatterysales.com/index...OD&ProdID=2932

If T-105's were going for $55-$60 each in 2005 and now are $139+ (or even just 2X of 2005 prices why would it be reasonable for one to say they would not ever expect them to cost $200?

ezgokid if you understood how battery desulfators worked then would you not believe that they DO work?

http://www.batteryminders.com/batter...n-p-16143.html

I guess I am just the type that assumes people are telling the truth unless I have evidence other wise.

When BatteryMINDer states, “We guarantee to significantly increase both your battery’s life and performance or we will refund 100% of your money within one (1) full year. This is in addition to our five (5) year “no hassle” warranty.” that they are being honest with their customers.

Do you understand their statement to mean something else?

I will post the results of the BatteryMINDer technology on these junk deep cycle batteries. Even if they do not improve I can see if the sulfation build up on the plates disappears.

There are types 1, 2 and 3 sulfation and some say few systems can crack type 3 crystals.

I have a 2007 set that did not set low of water and fully discharged that I will move to next. After resting for 24 hours they read 12.6 volts each BUT the charger in the 48v system where they have been used before could only get the bank up to 52.3 volts after 24 hours starting from being 75% charged.

That charger would not shut off (this happens in carts too per posts here) because it MUST get the bank to 52.5 volts before it will shut off. I put the 2010 set back on line and forced the UPS to run from them for about 3 minutes and within 15 minutes its charger had recovered the bank and shut off as is expected.
Old 02-14-2011, 08:29 PM   #14
ezgokid
resident idiot

E-Z-GO

Quote:
http://www.bfmbatterysales.com/index...OD&ProdID=2932

If T-105's were going for $55-$60 each in 2005 and now are $139+ (or even just 2X of 2005 prices why would it be reasonable for one to say they would not ever expect them to cost $200?

ezgokid if you understood how battery desulfators worked then would you not believe that they DO work?

http://www.batteryminders.com/batter...n-p-16143.html

I guess I am just the type that assumes people are telling the truth unless I have evidence other wise.

When BatteryMINDer states, “We guarantee to significantly increase both your battery’s life and performance or we will refund 100% of your money within one (1) full year. This is in addition to our five (5) year “no hassle” warranty.” that they are being honest with their customers.

Do you understand their statement to mean something else?

I will post the results of the BatteryMINDer technology on these junk deep cycle batteries. Even if they do not improve I can see if the sulfation build up on the plates disappears.

There are types 1, 2 and 3 sulfation and some say few systems can crack type 3 crystals.

I have a 2007 set that did not set low of water and fully discharged that I will move to next. After resting for 24 hours they read 12.6 volts each BUT the charger in the 48v system where they have been used before could only get the bank up to 52.3 volts after 24 hours starting from being 75% charged.

That charger would not shut off (this happens in carts too per posts here) because it MUST get the bank to 52.5 volts before it will shut off. I put the 2010 set back on line and forced the UPS to run from them for about 3 minutes and within 15 minutes its charger had recovered the bank and shut off as is expected.
New products are always going to come out, by the time a new battery comes out, I bet the price of those DROPS. And I don't see the significance of the link you posted. It just shows that, as I said, that specific company sells them for nowhere near $200; even if you order three of them.

I phrased that incorrectly, I understand how they are said to work. I am also just stating that I have yet to see solid proof of them actually doing something. Money doesn't grow on trees, and I am not willing to spend mine on something with no proof.
ezgokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 08:58 PM   #15
CartsPlus Kamloops
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Interesting topic, would like to see some evidence of them working. Maybe something in a "mythbusters" style? We keep many carts in storage and if we could use something like this between charges that would be great.
CartsPlus Kamloops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 09:17 PM   #16
Gale Hawkins
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by CartsPlus Kamloops View Post
Interesting topic, would like to see some evidence of them working. Maybe something in a "mythbusters" style? We keep many carts in storage and if we could use something like this between charges that would be great.
While I expect the BatteryMINDer Model 36271 has met its match in these 5 year old batteries that have been left set without even water covering the plates for a while. One can see the crystal build up on the plates at a glance.

Since I can not put the fourth of this 48v bank on the BatterMINDer I went and bought a 1.5 amp automatic charger so I can use it as a control. I think 100% of everyone on this site agrees batteries need the right charging attention 24/7 for the longest life for most carts.

If a person rode the cart 1/2 mile every Sunday and came right back and put it on an automatic cutoff cart charger then all would be well be few do that so sulfation is always going to be forming to some degree.

After 24 hours they are still sick puppies.
Old 02-15-2011, 01:19 AM   #17
wizardket
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Gale: They will not work on a battery with a bad cell. I.E. SPG off by more than .005. I had a talk with a manufacture on this. Also, it takes around a day per pound of lead to restore.
wizardket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 01:47 AM   #18
Gale Hawkins
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardket View Post
Gale: They will not work on a battery with a bad cell. I.E. SPG off by more than .005. I had a talk with a manufacture on this. Also, it takes around a day per pound of lead to restore.

As you can see I am from next to MO.

Being bull headed I will give the BatteryMINDer Model 36271 a couple months to start doing something then I will try the chemical flush route with new acid. I may just buy the 48 volt model too since my bank at the office 48 volts since they are risk free to purchase.

Since the four year old 6v's in the cart seem health I should keep the 36271 on them to get the best bang for my bucket as per BatteryMINDer agreement.

I am guessing these very sick 6v's have a lot of Class 3 sulfation by now and only one machine out there claims to deal with Level 3 crystals because they are so hard.
Old 02-15-2011, 05:54 PM   #19
wizardket
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Being bull headed I will give the BatteryMINDer Model 36271 a couple months to start doing something then I will try the chemical flush route with new acid.
The battery re-conditioner they sell is Epsom Salts! You drain the old acid out and add water with Epsom Salts then charge. I understand that will only work a couple times.
wizardket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 08:11 PM   #20
rib33024

Here's some one that tryed it, and it didn't work, read this

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...batteries.html

Quote:

As you can see I am from next to MO.

Being bull headed I will give the BatteryMINDer Model 36271 a couple months to start doing something then I will try the chemical flush route with new acid. I may just buy the 48 volt model too since my bank at the office 48 volts since they are risk free to purchase.

Since the four year old 6v's in the cart seem health I should keep the 36271 on them to get the best bang for my bucket as per BatteryMINDer agreement.

I am guessing these very sick 6v's have a lot of Class 3 sulfation by now and only one machine out there claims to deal with Level 3 crystals because they are so hard.
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO