lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-23-2008, 09:26 PM   #11
jeffk609
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2003 ds new batteries SLOW up hills

Another "newbie". I thoght I just posted here but I'll try again. I recently puchased a 97 CC 48V lifted "speed" cart. Ran 40, yes 40 MPH!! Pretty scary.

Anyway I would like to climb hills (my street is probably is 30 degrees) so I purchased a D395 "beast", changed ALL the cables with new 4 GA cables and new end, replaced the F-R switch (that I burnt out on "the maiden voyage up the street) with an HD F-R switch. The controller is a Logi systems HT 03/2004-5K-0, 700A 36-48V.. The tires 25x10-12 ITP Mud Lites. The solenoid has a resistor (for what purpose I'm not sure).

Here's the problem- the cart (with the "beast") just barely with 1 person, let alone 2 barely make it up my 30* street!. Everything I read says the "beast" has the best torque and (I have been told) should easily make it up my street hill let or the hill on my sloping back yard.

Am I missing something? Oh all the batteries read above 8V when charged. I also had to replace one when I bought it with new. They are Trojan 875's

I also asked the previous owner if he had changed the rear gear for speed, he said no it the stock rear ratio.

At this point I am TOTALLY frustrated.

ANY, and ALL advice or suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks in advance...jeff from Cumming, GA
jeffk609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-23-2008, 09:26 PM   #12
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2003 ds new batteries SLOW up hills

Welcome NEWBS !!!
With roady and crash and shadow responding I have little to add.... Technically speaking!

However, I would suggest to everyone who wants to ask why their electric cart won't go faster....To go out and buy a voltmeter ( and maybe a hydrometer) to use in simple battery condition analysis. These are tinkering esentials for the electric cart. Once you know the state of your batteries you can judge the performance of other basic components of the electric cart.
Then the fun really starts !
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car