lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-03-2011, 07:56 PM   #1
Marsharo
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default New member, Into/advice

Hey all. Last week my family and I bought our first golf cart. Being seasonal's in a campground for a year now we finally got the itch. So we bought a 1989 EzG o marathon 4-wheel with 1 yr old batteries (3 12v deep cycle marines).

Family loves it. Added a 4th 12v marine battery to power the required the lights over the weekend. Pictures are in my album.

My family consists of my wife and 2 small boys (10/9). The cart only came with the front seat but has the golf bag holders removed already so for this past weekend the kids just sat on the fenders. The idea is to use this while i purchase and modify our long term ride. but in the meantime i have to add a bench seat to the rear but can't bring myself to spend another $400 on a flip seat right now. I am looking for an old front seat and seat backs if someone has some lieing around I would be happy to purchase them from you or someone between DC and NJ who may have an old flip they wouldn't mind getting a couple bucks for that works too. I know this isn't the best forum to ask for the seat but i can't post in "for Sale" yet for some reason. I assume there is a post count limit first.
Marsharo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-03-2011, 08:01 PM   #2
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: New member, Into/advice

to the best of my knowledge, they never made a flip seat for a marathon cart.....

your best bet would be to find an old seat bottom at a local dealer and fab up a frame for it.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 08:15 PM   #3
scvmark
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

th_20121.gif

From So Cal.
scvmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 08:28 PM   #4
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

welcome to BGW.....1st thing you might want to do is get rid of the 3 12 volt deep cycles and put some proper 6 volt cart batteries in.........you,ll be much happier unless you don,t mind buying batteries every 2 years.......................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 08:42 PM   #5
Marsharo
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Yeah, Those batteries are going away as soon as they die. Already ordered a new set of 4ga wires.

I am sure making up the rear seat would be a cinch; just too darn busy right now and the campground won't let the kids ride on the fenders next trip

Also; anyone know how to get your hands on a roller frame? since most (or all) the electronics are gonna be replaced I don't want to buy an entire cart that is gonna be parted out. Since I am new to this I am not aware of all the "hidden" contacts or tricks some of you may have.
Marsharo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO