lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-18-2011, 10:21 AM   #1
falconfan
Not Yet Wild

Default Bad Brakes

Marathon EZ Go, I have adjusted the shoes thru the hub hole, cables are ok, guess I need new shoes, can't get the drums off, afraid I'm gonna break them.. Any help? Thanks
falconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-18-2011, 10:26 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Bad Brakes

Really old shoes can wear a ridge in the drum that makes it hard to remove it. With the adjustment star crank the shoes way off, sometimes it helps to remove the cable connection. At this point if the drum is not coming off I use a puller that bolts to the hub and presses on the axle shaft.... I have had some luck applying hand pull on the drum and tapping the brake actuating lever with a hammer? Basically if the drum won't come off it is either rusted on... try heating the hub. Or it is worn badly and you can't hurt it, it needs to be replaced.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:34 AM   #3
falconfan
Not Yet Wild

OK thanks, I'll give it a try.Someonetold me there was threaded holes to push the drum off but i just saw the 2 large holes I assume are for adjusting.
falconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 07:03 PM   #4
EZGO-MY-WALLET2
Gone Wild

I am fixing to tackle the brakes on mine as well. Update this thread with your experience and when and where, and which bad words seem to help the most getting them off.

I was going to pull mine when I first got my cart to inspect and found it wasn't a simple pull the drum off and look job. I am ready to KNOW my brakes are up to par now and dig in. Thanks.
EZGO-MY-WALLET2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 07:24 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

If you guys are in 'rust' country, just go ahead and call that friend over with the welding torch and ply him with beer while he heats the hubs enough to burn the rust out of them
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 08:50 PM   #6
Spawn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

lots of P Blaster help but the Torch is faster.
Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO