lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-30-2015, 09:16 AM   #1
djg92
Not Yet Wild

Default g29 starter not engaging every time

I have a 2010 g29 that when the gas peddle is pushed it will not engage the starter every time, it will almost never start if you "floor it" but if I play with the gas peddle it will take off and run fine, until the next time the engine stops and has to be restarted, this issue comes and goes.
djg92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-30-2015, 11:00 AM   #2
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: g29 starter not engaging every time

Most likely the pedal switch or a wire to it. Could be the start solenoid as well or connection to it. A bad connection on the battery cable can cause this even. When my start solenoid went bad if I slammed the pedal down it would go, I think the vibration through the floor jarred the solenoid. If the solenoid is working and cable or starter is doing it, you will hear it click when you push pedal. This all assuming by not start you mean nothing is happening. If the engine is turning and not starting then its tune up time.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 02:32 PM   #3
dbmachine
Gone Wild

I had a 2010 g29 that the pedal switch would have the same issues. Sometime it would start and sometimes it wouldn't.
dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 03:50 PM   #4
jeff70
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I would check and clean all your connections, My G2 had the same problem the whole 2 years my buddy owned it, after I bought it I cleaned and redid all the connections to the battery,solenoid, and starter, It never acted up after that.
jeff70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 07:04 PM   #5
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbmachine View Post
I had a 2010 g29 that the pedal switch would have the same issues. Sometime it would start and sometimes it wouldn't.
Same issue with my cart.I jumped the pedal switch and have used the cart with key switch ever since even with clone the power plant.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 09:46 AM   #6
djg92
Not Yet Wild

Smile Re: g29 starter not engaging every time

Thanks to all, found it, bad peddle switch. Opened up the floor and pushed the gas peddle when nothing happened moved the plunger on the peddle switch and started right up.
djg92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 11:30 AM   #7
dbmachine
Gone Wild

When my pedal switch failed i disassembled it to see what failed inside. Inside the switch is a steel round ball that is held in place by a spring. The ball makes contact with the contactor inside to complete the circuit. Over time looks like the round area around the steel ball had worn too much causing the ball to jam and not have the spring loaded effect.
dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha