lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-26-2015, 12:50 PM   #1
castrosenatra
Not Yet Wild

Default home made g22 clutch puller

anyone ever make a clutch puller?????
castrosenatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-26-2015, 03:00 PM   #2
LimitedEdition
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: home made g22 clutch puller

I have made pullers of this type by finding the correct bolt to fit in the first set of threads at the start of the clutch. Then use a piece of round stock of the right diameter and length to go into the clutch to reach the end of the crank shaft. You need to make sure you have enough threads on the bolt to get a good hold on the clutch as it can take a good amount of force to break some of these clutches loose. Once you have determined the right length of the tool it can be welded together or left in two pieces, it will work either way. Good Luck.
Robert
LimitedEdition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 06:44 PM   #3
bigstik40
Gone Wild

Yamaha

NOTE - The correct thread for the drive clutch puller for a G1 - G22 is 14mm dia. x 1mm pitch and is a very difficult thread size to find in stock anywhere. I tried everywhere to find a bolt and ended up buying a puller.

Last edited by bigstik40; 09-26-2015 at 06:49 PM.. Reason: clarified
bigstik40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 08:51 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Please be sure the "round stock" fits all the way down the hole. You should use a piece smaller than the bolt that came out. You really dont want to deal with damaged threads in the crank. I also wrap electric tape around the rod in in 2 spots to keep the rod centered in the hole.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 01:34 PM   #5
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Pullers are cheap ,clutches and cranks and input shafts are expensive.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 02:06 PM   #6
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydhd View Post
Pullers are cheap ,clutches and cranks and input shafts are expensive.
Is saving $30 a deal if it costs you hours of time (and potentially $$$) fixing "screwups". I have made pullers, had them sometimes work perfect, had them sometimes barely work (and cause much cursing & aggrivation). If you are not "in a spot", you are better off buying one. I reccomend buying one, but offer my advise on making one as a "last option".
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 05:13 PM   #7
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Ditto I spent days of labor with my home made secondary clutch puller and still ended up buying the tool I should have bought in the first place.In the case of my primary I did buy the tool to start with.If you are going to service your own gas cart there are four tools that IMHO are certainly worth the money.1) spark tester,dirt cheap, 2) compression tester ,not so cheap but really lets you know the condition of your engine, 3) primary clutch puller, really should have one if your going to pull apart your engine, think how much money you are saving by doing your engine yourself.4) secondary clutch puller,if you are going to play around with your secondary money well spent.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 08:13 AM   #8
castrosenatra
Not Yet Wild

yep...buying one!!!! do not want more expence...
castrosenatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 12:43 PM   #9
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

if you get in a pinch you can fill the hole where the clutch bolt goes in with grease put clutch bolt in and tighten it up have done this on snowmobile clutches when in a pinch
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha