lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-05-2015, 10:56 PM   #11
monster2183
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: long traveling a g22

I actually bought it for my wife to just cruise our 18 month old daughter around the subdivision in because she loves riding on them and it puts her to sleep. haha I've got miles of nice trails all around me and everyone that lives in here has side by sides or a rig of some kind. I'm wanting to make this cart as capable as possible to go anywhere. I'm going to get a hold of plowman as soon as I get the suspension all finished up and working the way I want it to. Not really looking for the speed but the low end power is what I'm after.
monster2183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-06-2015, 03:48 AM   #12
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Very nice cart! Plowmans will help, but the real power is in swapping the engine out.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 07:29 AM   #13
monster2183
Not Yet Wild

Thank you. That will definatly be in the future at some point. I actually was a small engine equipment mechanic for the past 12 yrs until about 6 months ago. Go figure I could of had tons of vtwin motors that would have been cheap fixes to put in this thing lol I still have a couple friends there that I'm going to have l keep an eye out. I'm mainly focused on the suspension rite now though so we will see what happens. Lol
Old 11-06-2015, 04:46 PM   #14
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

A clone is around double the power and cheap, v twin is more torque yet and sounds cooler. You can do ok with a twin if you find used but they are much more new. Vegas makes a beefed up clone if you go that way its a good deal. I have a 420 clone it runs great and I have not touched the inside of the block yet, but a lot of other mods to the head and external things like the exhaust and so on. Trying to get a better carb on now and that is about the last thing I can do, need to go rod and cam next if I do. But it still runs like a GC and pedal start, it does everything from yard work to trails.
Old 11-06-2015, 11:30 PM   #15
monster2183
Not Yet Wild

I'd really like to put one of the newer Kohler efi engines on it. We worked on exmark equipment where I worked and we did alot of warranty engine swaps with them last year. I got a friend I worked with waiting for another to come through and I'll grab it cheap and fix it. After my last efi samurai it's hard to go back to a carb for anything to drive off road. U don't get the fuel starvation off camber or on steep hills like with carbs. But who knows it'll b awhile before I get to that step I have alot of things I want to do to it first.
Old 11-07-2015, 08:43 AM   #16
bokeasmowl
friends call me Boke

Yamaha

Here's my Yamaha G9 with the Jake's long travel. This cart has a built Briggs and Stratton Vanguard motor that started out as an 18HP and is now close to 25HP. It's a blast and even better that it's 1/8th the cost of a RZR.

http://
bokeasmowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 04:59 PM   #17
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

I agree about the efi! But Marathon has not built a kit for all of us yet lol Kaw had a sweet V twin efi LC, 29hp was it? I know a guy with the carb 27hp not sure he'd part with it and I don't have a cart to build yet. I like the clone a lot, but this cart is not an all out trail cart so its suits it. Its not a Boke Monster cart lol But it wishes it was....
Old 11-10-2015, 01:27 PM   #18
monster2183
Not Yet Wild

That g9 is awesome boke Did you modify it to get extra height or is that the stock height kit?

Sho305 if I do the efi I'll get the computer and stuff they use on the exmark zero turn and just wire it up and bypass the stuff I don't need
Old 11-10-2015, 02:17 PM   #19
bokeasmowl
friends call me Boke

Yamaha

Thanks monster...That's the stock height kit...and actually it'll go a little higher. It'll lift up to 10" and mine is right at 9" if I remember right.
bokeasmowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 02:43 PM   #20
monster2183
Not Yet Wild

What size tires are on there?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha