lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-04-2015, 11:25 AM   #11
effinacotton
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: New G1 Owner

Ok, I will check on it this weekend. I have to also purchase a new battery before i go back to the camp. Will a lawn mower battery work?? or will i need something larger?
effinacotton is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-06-2015, 02:16 PM   #12
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

A lawn mower battery will work, but when it gets cold you'll need more power. I used a 24 series car battery from Walmart $69. Has 550 cold cranking amps. Held up great!
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 03:16 PM   #13
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

You can get the cheaper 'universal' car battery, just get the one with the posts on the same side as you have which iirc is like group 24. At my walmart at the time the marine battery was the same posts and only $7 more and more CCA, plus it had the boat studs (in addition to regular top posts for a car) to connect accessories so I bought that.

A mower battery will work I ran mine on a jumper pack for half a summer, but they don't last long. IMO its better to use an old but working car battery. I used batteries out of a friends work truck for years, they would get weak in the cold and he would get new, then I would use that battery in the summer for 2-3 years before it died lol. Back then I never ran it in the winter, but a cart takes far less starting amps anyway.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 11:13 AM   #14
effinacotton
Not Yet Wild

I finally got around to investigating why the cart would not reverse. It was a simple fix thankfully, as a wire had been chewed up by a rodent.

I tweaked the governor a little bit and got a few more MPH, so off we went. I ran the cart around our the blacktop road at our hunting camp, which is around 5.5 miles. I must have burned all of the oil from the muffler as it is no longer smoking anymore.

Once hunting season ends, I am hauling the cart home for a lift and new paint job. I appreciate all of the help above.
effinacotton is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha