lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-03-2016, 07:11 PM   #1
Teel18t
Not Yet Wild

Default G1 stator help

Hello all, i am a g1 newbie, and i love the site..,anyway a little backstory, i bought one last spring for 200, when i got it, the cart would crank for about 45 seconds before firing and was real sluggish, this progressively got worse.... long story short after a carb clean, tuneup, fresh fuel and a fuel pump i determined that the crank seals were bad... and boy were they ever... piece of cake changing them but the screws that held the timing plate on got destroyed in the removal process.. so i replaced with allen head bolts, never even gave clearance a thought.. but torqued flywheel back down, and gave it a spin with my hand and sure enough.. there was a clicking noise and i knew exactly what it was, so i pulled it back apart and on the stator there are plastic magnet covers and it cracked one.. i dont see any damage to magnets, i was debating putting it back together but wanted a second opinion.. or third or fourth, ...
So i guess my question is, should i even chance a catastrophic failure or am i over analyzing this?.. when i wrenched for harley i saw a few stators that had came apart and i guess thats why i am nervous about it...thanks in advance, any info is appreciated,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 14623206210942132814434.jpg (201.7 KB, 0 views)
Teel18t is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-03-2016, 07:55 PM   #2
Cvans
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: G1 stator help

Welcome to the forum. This is a great site and I'm sure someone will be along shortly,
Good luck with your project.
Cvans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 09:20 AM   #3
Teel18t
Not Yet Wild

Well upon further inspection i did find a hairline crack, so i took the rotor to the local electric motor repair and rebuild shop, and he told me i have no worries, and to run it, that small crack wont hurt a thing... so i guess thats what im gonna do, after i pick up some metric panhead screws first..lol
Teel18t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 08:55 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

The price on that thing is probably sky-high, When you manage to find one. Just run it. Good luck with the project. It should run so much better with good seals.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 02:09 PM   #5
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

I would not worry about it, you might be able to clean it good and epoxy it back on but likely I would leave it off its not enough to unbalance it and G1 not high rpm anyway. Long as magnets are secure its good.

If that is the one with the timing plate under it, you can try to advance (for the forward direction) the timing plate that will give a little more power in forward gear. Usually they will move a bit on the screws.

Get a manual impact driver they are cheap, best thing ever to remove machine screws. The type you hit with a hammer.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha