lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-29-2016, 08:34 AM   #1
archd72
Not Yet Wild

Default G16 Loses Power after Startup

I just purchased a 1998 G16. The cart ran fine but I was told that it hasn't had tune up for a while. I replaced the oil, air filter, and fuel filter. The old fuel filter was stuck to the fuel line from the tank. I had to cut about 1 inch of the line off to get the old filter off. The line from the tank to the new filter is about 1 inch less.

The cart starts up fine with normal power but then the engine slows considerably and the cart barely moves. The engine still runs but as I press the pedal down the engine slows down.

The fuel filter barely has gas in it.

Should I replace all the fuel lines? Has anyone had this problem?

Thanks
archd72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-29-2016, 09:06 AM   #2
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Default Re: G16 Loses Power after Startup

I would start by removing and cleaning the carb. If the fuel pump is made out of metal, it can be disassembled for cleaning.

Good thread...http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-y...fuel-pump.html

And welcome.
Attached Images
File Type: gif G16 carb.gif (9.0 KB, 0 views)
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 09:00 AM   #3
Installking
Not Yet Wild

Not trying to hijack your thread but I'm having the same issue mines a 2000 that i rebuilt the motor new carb new fuel pump new coil new everything!!! it ran fine for quite q while and then i jump in the other day and now it will barley get out of its own way I've cleaned out the lines carb pump etc etc....im about to push it out in the street and light it on fire!!!!
Installking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 09:27 AM   #4
Mr. Mike
It's Beer Time!

Yamaha

In both cases start with what Dave said. Clean the carb real good make sure you have good solid fuel flow from the pump. Then you may want to adjust the valve clearances. Check for good spark and maybe pull the flywheel off to make sure you didn't sheer the woodruff key. Check compression.
Mr. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 10:48 PM   #5
cardsrok
Getting Wild

I have a 99 G16 that quit on me last weekend. Saw that it wasn't getting gas to the filter and towed it home. I first thought it was the fuel pump. The next day we noticed that the hose coming from the tank was dry rotted and had a very small crack in it. We cut that section off and put it back on and it finally started getting fuel and started. You wouldn't think something that small would keep it from getting fuel, but it did.
cardsrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 08:08 AM   #6
archd72
Not Yet Wild

Update.

I cleaned the Carb, replaced all lines, and replaced the fuel pump. It's back to running well again.

Thank you for the suggestions.
archd72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha