lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-03-2016, 10:13 AM   #1
chacam
Not Yet Wild

Default Removing Bolt From Steering Knuckle

Have an 2007 Yamaha Drive and there is a squeaking/creaking noise coming from the front right hand steering knuckle. I took the wheel off and tried to get the bolt out, but it wouldn't budge. I was driving it from the bottom with a dead blow hammer and it just wouldn't move. I want to inspect it for wear. How can I get this bolt out? Do I need a bigger hammer? Any danger in heating it. I did manage to get a little lubricant in there and the squeaking/creaking isn't so bad. If I can get it apart, I will probably install new bushings if they are not worn too bad? Thanks
chacam is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-04-2016, 11:10 AM   #2
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Default Re: Removing Bolt From Steering Knuckle

That's an service issue that most shops ignore. The bolt is rusted in place now. If you have a good impact gun, stick it on top of the bolt and see if it can be broke free. Spray lube is a must to try and get something in there. I'm seeing noise issues on more and more of the drives due to lack of maintenance on the front ends.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 11:46 AM   #3
chacam
Not Yet Wild

The bolt turns easily with a wrench. Just cant drive it up from the bottom. Must be rusted to the spacer. Ill try some heat. Thanks
chacam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 11:57 AM   #4
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Its rusted to the king pin. I find that I use my impact to spin it and a hammer to pound from the bottom has been able to free some of them up.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha