lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-06-2016, 12:20 PM   #1
thoffman2000
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Location: Knoxville, IA - The Sprint Car Capital of the World!
Default Yamaha G16 listing to the left

Hi all, I have a '97 Yamaha G16 with a 6" Jake's Lift and 22" tires. Bought the cart a couple years ago and shortly after bringing it home, I noticed a listing to the left when looking at it from the rear, like the driver's seat had a person sitting in it. Upon investigation, I found a broken spring retainer on the left rear shock. Easy fix and I thought that was causing the tilt but after fixing the retainer, the list is still there. Last night I swapped the rear shocks left to right. I figured if it was still a shock/spring problem, it would tilt right. But, after the swap there's no change. Still listing left. What else could be causing this? Can a bad front shock cause a tilt in the rear?
Thanks!
Todd
thoffman2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-06-2016, 12:30 PM   #2
SRDCOMPOSITES
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha G16 listing to the left

what is leaning the entire cart or can you notice it leaning more at the top. I have seen bent suspension tabs and weak springs being cause as only 1 rider in them over the years best thing I can say to check is lift cart up place on car jacks to see if chassis is square if you rule out the shocks. if you are seeing a twist or lean near top but not the bottom then it could just be the top bent from holding onto it getting in and out or possibly been turned over onto its side my stock top was bent that way as i used to turn it on its side to wash under it then i decided to build a cage on it.
SRDCOMPOSITES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 12:36 PM   #3
thoffman2000
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Location: Knoxville, IA - The Sprint Car Capital of the World!

Definitely the entire cart, not just the top. I figured swapping shocks left to right would tell me if I had a weak one but after doing that in the rear, there was no change. I plan to swap the fronts now too for the same reason.

Nothing appears bent in the rear where the shocks mount. I might have to pull the body to see where the lift bolts up to the frame. Maybe something up there. The broken retainer tells me that left rear corner hit something pretty hard at some point.

Thanks
thoffman2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 12:58 PM   #4
SRDCOMPOSITES
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I would say if still leaning after checking the front make sure all bushings are good as well as shock tabs being bent on front then break it down with checking rear lift mount tabs since you swapped the rear shocks already i would say if it is in the rear then it could be how it was centered when the kit was drilled 1/8" off can make a lean of 1"
SRDCOMPOSITES is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha