lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-29-2018, 07:05 PM   #1
johnlem1
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Transaxle breather 101897201

First of all thank you to the members who helped me with my other issues. I now have my 2000 Carryall running pretty good and quiet at about 16 MPH top end. One of the things I did to this cart very early on was replace the bearings in the transaxle due to some very dry and noisy bearings. Everything looked very good in there as far as the condition of the gears and there was no filings in the sump. The other day I decided to follow the CC service manual and follow each and every step to return the cart to factory setup (Brake and gas pedal, all linkage, governor, carburetor) to try to eliminate my deceleration backfire issue. After I finished I re-checked the exhaust header flange and found that I could still torque the flange nuts a little bit so I did. Backfire issue is gone but I don't know if it was the calibration or the exhaust nuts but I was happy. Sorry I got sidetracked: While I was doing all of this I noticed that I am leaking oil from the transaxle vent. Has anyone had this issue and what did you do to correct it? I checked my oil level and let about 1/2 ounce out of the check plug until it stopped dripping out of it.
johnlem1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-30-2018, 11:06 AM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: Transaxle breather 101897201

How much is leaking out? It's basically just a tube with a cap on it. So either the axle is overfilled or it's got the wrong type of fluid in it and the fluid is foaming and getting up to the vent opening.

Some "sweating" around the vent cap is considered normal.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car