lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-24-2019, 08:16 PM   #11
JohnnyG67
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Fuel Issue...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlmd View Post
FYI- Premium fuel for all your small engines does nothing to prevent clogged carb jets and other starting problems, and is a waste of money for a low compression engine. If you store fuel for an extended period of time, use Stabil or some other preservative added to the fuel, or put 1 oz/gal of Berrymanh's B12 Chemtool into the gas tank, run it through, and it will prevent clogged up jets. Even better, do this every 3 tankfuls.
Premium fuel is meant for high compression engines and has additives to prevent pre-detonation (pre-ignition), and has absolutely no beneficial effect for an engine designed to use regular 87 octane fuel. You may think you are accomplishing something but all you are doing is wasting your money. "Premium" is not "better".

Also. if you are storing fuel for the winter, fill up the tank to eliminate as much air space in the tank as possible, to prevent condensation of water vapor inside the tank and getting water into your fuel.

Yep^^^ all this. I used to run carbs dry on all small engine stuff until ethanol... It LOVES water. Ethanol is evil, it is the devils champagne lol. I have also had a good amount of luck with SeaFoam when storing engines. It will smoke like a chimney when you first start it but does a fair job at keeping the ethanol gremlins out of your carb etc. Even if you have ethanol free gas avail. I'd still use Stabil.
JohnnyG67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-25-2019, 06:02 AM   #12
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Giving more thought to this. All the information being provided here is good information.

I'm thinking this is just debris in the carb bowl. You get running it's good, then it cuts out. Gets running again, cuts out. Sounds like debris is getting to your jet, choking off fuel.
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 06:50 AM   #13
superpro56
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBHC View Post
Giving more thought to this. All the information being provided here is good information.

I'm thinking this is just debris in the carb bowl. You get running it's good, then it cuts out. Gets running again, cuts out. Sounds like debris is getting to your jet, choking off fuel.
Yes, but the debris in the carb doesn't explain the dry fuel filters, that's a supply problem.
superpro56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 08:25 AM   #14
rschap1
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torka View Post
Check the fuel pick up tube in the tank. When I see dry fuel filters that’s the first thing to check. Depends on what year you have but the fitting in top of the tank either unscrews or just pulls out if it has a rubber grommet. The pick up tube sometimes just falls out. I usually clean it up and super glue it back in.
That is my next step.
Worked on my John Deere tractor last night, back to the golf cart soon.
I see that my tank has the type with rubber grommet.
Didn't want to rush and break anything.
rschap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 08:27 AM   #15
rschap1
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlmd View Post
FYI- Premium fuel for all your small engines does nothing to prevent clogged carb jets and other starting problems, and is a waste of money for a low compression engine. If you store fuel for an extended period of time, use Stabil or some other preservative added to the fuel, or put 1 oz/gal of Berrymanh's B12 Chemtool into the gas tank, run it through, and it will prevent clogged up jets. Even better, do this every 3 tankfuls.
Premium fuel is meant for high compression engines and has additives to prevent pre-detonation (pre-ignition), and has absolutely no beneficial effect for an engine designed to use regular 87 octane fuel. You may think you are accomplishing something but all you are doing is wasting your money. "Premium" is not "better".

Also. if you are storing fuel for the winter, fill up the tank to eliminate as much air space in the tank as possible, to prevent condensation of water vapor inside the tank and getting water into your fuel.

I use the premium because everything else in my area contains a lot of ethanol.
Not looking for performance gains, just don't want the ethanol drawing in moisture and corroding everything.
Do my best to add Stabil to everything I know is going to set for awhile.
Old 04-25-2019, 08:30 AM   #16
rschap1
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by superpro56 View Post
Yes, but the debris in the carb doesn't explain the dry fuel filters, that's a supply problem.
That is what I am planning to look into first.
Will look at the pick up tube in the tank.
Then the "pulse" line between crankcase and fuel pump.
(I did replace that with black neoprene fuel line since I was using that for the rest of the lines).
Going to look in that to make sure no oil.
Did not see anything when I pulled it off previously with the motor running and revving, so hopefully not the cause.
Old 04-25-2019, 08:31 AM   #17
rschap1
Not Yet Wild

Appreciate all the help again.
Hopefully get to looking closer in the next day or two.

THANKS
Old 04-25-2019, 08:34 AM   #18
rschap1
Not Yet Wild

Off topic...
I should probably post in appropriate section but,

Any idea while I am not get notification when replies get posted to this thread?
I have it set for automatic/instant email notice but have not got any emails at all.
(checked my email to make sure the site wasn't blocked or going to junk)
THANKS for that too.
Old 04-25-2019, 10:40 AM   #19
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by rschap1 View Post
Off topic...
I should probably post in appropriate section but,

Any idea while I am not get notification when replies get posted to this thread?
I have it set for automatic/instant email notice but have not got any emails at all.
(checked my email to make sure the site wasn't blocked or going to junk)
THANKS for that too.
Apparently this has been an issue lately. They are working on it to get it corrected.
Old 04-26-2019, 05:11 AM   #20
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by superpro56 View Post
Good point, forgot about that part...
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car