lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-28-2019, 10:00 AM   #11
raggdoll
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Would like to slow my cart down

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Maybe the screws fell out of the butterfly and its not really moving, or there at all? I think I'd start by pulling the carb, cleaning and inspecting it really well.

I don't mean to insult your abilities by asking, but I'm not sure how mechanically inclined you are. we can help walk you through pretty much anything you're trying to repair on the cart. I've rebuilt more than one or two of these motors from the ground up But if its something you're not comfortable with, or you think you're in over your head, it may be best to either take this in to a shop, or sell it and get one that's more stock and hasnt been fiddled with. "Uncomfortable" can get you in deep and cause more headache and possibly damage by incorrect repairs than its worth.
Wise advice. If your not mechanically inclined, take it to someone that is.

A cart that tops out at 35mph must have had some serious **** done to it!
raggdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-17-2019, 11:11 PM   #12
mckittrick.joe
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolleygreengiant View Post
I have a late 90s has club car and i need to slow ot down to a much more manageable speed. Tje person that had it before me fixed it to run about 35mph. 5 to 7 mph is fine by me if you could help.
IS your carburetor throttle return spring weak or missing?

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A7-30F using Tapatalk
mckittrick.joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 12:11 PM   #13
CJW8
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

My 1996 DS runs 30-35 (GPS) with 18" tires. I'm pretty certain it has 6:1 gears. I am now exploring how to go back to factory gears of 12:1. 6:1 ain't going to get it when i go to bigger tires.
CJW8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car