lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-06-2019, 09:26 AM   #1
Kneecoal96
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 1999 club car ds runs good for a little

Hi! I’m new to the golf cart life and looking for some answers.

I just bought this golf cart about a month ago, was having problems with it running properly, comes to find out that their was stuff in the gas tank, so I cleaned the tank, replaced all the lines, filters, pump and carburetor. Has a new spark plug. Ran great, for 30-45 min. I can get a good 30-45 min ride out of it before it starts acting up, and is hesitant to go. Like it’s starving for gas almost. Not sure what exactly the problems is. I do notice once it starts acting up, we lift the seat up and it’s pretty hot/warm under there. Wondering what are the next things i can do to it to figure out what the issue is.
Kneecoal96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-07-2019, 06:06 PM   #2
7harborcruiser
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1999 club car ds runs good for a little

Do you have fuel in the filter bowls when this starts? Maybe a tank venting issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
7harborcruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 06:57 PM   #3
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Default Re: 1999 club car ds runs good for a little

Coil or RPM limiter. Both fail the same way, like you are describing. You let it cool off and it runs great. To figure out which one it is, you can disconnect the ground wire on the RPM limiter and then drive the cart again to see if it acts up. If it does, its coil. Whatever you do, don't use aftermarket parts, they are junk
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car