lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-10-2019, 07:56 PM   #1
kris.foote@yahoo.com
Not Yet Wild

Default 1997 Gas DS Sputtering

Had this intermittent issue and now it’s consistent. 1/4 throttle it cranks but does not start, then play with the pedal and it sporadically revs up like is supposed too then bogs back down. The pedal cable to the black box, back to governor, then to carb all check out good. I hit the pedal and carb opens all the way as designed. Felt like it was starving for fuel so I replaced the fuel pump, filters, fuel lines, and new carb. Still did the same thing. I reach back and pull the governor and it works it’s way to where it sounds ok. There have been no mods to the governor. Now I am leaning towards maybe electrical? Any help would be great. Thanks all.
kris.foote@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-11-2019, 08:53 PM   #2
Big_Mac
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 1997 Gas DS Sputtering

Sounds like maybe an ignition coil is failing. You can get a test light that plugs inline with your spark plug to see if it's working properly.
Big_Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 09:07 PM   #3
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: 1997 Gas DS Sputtering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Mac View Post
Sounds like maybe an ignition coil is failing. You can get a test light that plugs inline with your spark plug to see if it's working properly.
I dont recommend anybody ever use those. They give very misleading results. They only tell you if there is a spark. But that spark may not be strong enough to jump the gap of the spark plug or hot enough to ignite the fuel.

The best spark tester is your eyes. Pull the plug, hold it against the valve cover bolt and crank the motor. It should be fat, bright, and blue. If it is white, yellow, or dull then it's a bad coil. Those are the ones the spark testers will "look" okay becauae there IS a spark, but it's not a strong enough to make the engine run right.

Also, you replaced a lot.of fuel parts. Did you use OEM parts or cheap aftermarket ones?
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car