lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-05-2020, 08:56 AM   #11
jester8798
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Cart Decision, Property and Wood Use

Much appreciated! I'll be looking at the XRT shortly and will listen for anything that sounds amiss.

From the under bed picture it looked pretty clean so hopefully it will have been taken care of maintenance-wise and will only need a few things, suspension bushings, seat covers, front tires.
jester8798 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-05-2020, 08:56 AM   #12
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
...and that cart is MUCH easier to work on than a regular DS or Precedent. The bed flips up and you have wide open access to everything.
Definitely jealous of that feature. Especially earlier this week when I had to pull my motor and fix it in my '90 DS.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 09:07 AM   #13
jester8798
Not Yet Wild

Agreed, that will be nice. I just hope it's in good shape, I don't want to have a can of worms open on me.

That's why the debate between a 2007 XRT and a 2014 Precedent. The newer would be nice but could have similar hours and like you all have said, it likely won't hold up on the trails as well. I'd have to put a lift on it regardless which I don't need with the XRT.
Old 06-05-2020, 10:42 AM   #14
ThreeCW
Gone Wild

Cushman

[QUOTE=jester8798;1726586]I've narrowed my search to gas carts but am back and forth on brand and models. There aren't many gas in my area at all, way more electric, but I have found a few that I'm planning to look at but wanted some opinions. /QUOTE]

You say you narrowed your search to gas carts ... but I personally would not disregard a good electric work cart if you found one.

Not sure how large of a property you are looking after or how much range you need, but if you are not looking to travel more than 10 or 15 miles in a day, an electric cart could be an option for you.

I used a 2 stroke quad pulling a utility trailer prior to getting my Cushman electric cart. The quad is noisy and stinky but has a good range and better suspension and I still use it when when I am pulling a sprayer.

But for 99.5% of my other work, I much prefer using my electric work cart ... it had plenty of pulling power, sufficient range, enough speed (17 mph top speed but using it more in the 5 to 10 mph range) ... but more importantly, it is quiet and no exhaust smell.

Depending on your use requirements, an electric cart might work for you too.
ThreeCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 12:11 PM   #15
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jester8798 View Post
Much appreciated! I'll be looking at the XRT shortly and will listen for anything that sounds amiss.

From the under bed picture it looked pretty clean so hopefully it will have been taken care of maintenance-wise and will only need a few things, suspension bushings, seat covers, front tires.
This may help identify the sound the link rods make. IT's not like a rod knock type noise, it actually sounds more like a really bad bearing

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/show...ound+lawnmower
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 06:15 PM   #16
jester8798
Not Yet Wild

Thanks CP, it doesn't sound like that thankfully!

I picked it up so we'll see what all I get done this weekend.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car