lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-16-2012, 06:33 PM   #1
mpro26
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Blowing crankcase cover gasket

Ok, since I have rebuilt the top end of my FE290 engine, it has been blowing the crankcase cover gasket. I tried to torque the cover bolts according to spec, and putting locktite on the bolts, to prevent loosening. After changing the gasket twice, I finally bought some thicker gasket material and made my own gasket. Hopefully this will help! Im considering making a gasket out of thin copper! I have read some other posts on here, and this seems to be a common problem. However, I havent seen any real good solutions, other than correct torque and locktite. There has to be something else causing this. Maybe too much crankcase pressure building up, or poor crankcase ventilation??? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
mpro26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-29-2012, 09:46 AM   #2
mpro26
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Blowing crankcase cover gasket

Ok, so after making a thicker gasket and running the cart for a few hours, it blew the crank cover gasket again. There must me something Im not seeing. Isnt this engine supposed to have a positive crankcase ventilation system to prevent this from happening? Someone please give me some advice. Thanks! Mike
Old 04-29-2012, 03:29 PM   #3
mpro26
Getting Wild
Club Car

Ok, I ordered another crankcase gasket and Im wondering if the gasket is blowing out because of a bolt loosening up? Im going to either install the new gasket I ordered, and put some better thread locker on the bolts, or buy some thin copper and make a copper gasket. I absolutely have to try something to prevent this continuing problem. Anyone have any suggestions?
Old 05-01-2012, 09:01 PM   #4
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Do you have the RPMs cranked up through the roof? I see this very often and 9 times out of 10 it's on an engine that the speed has been tampered with.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:45 PM   #5
mpro26
Getting Wild
Club Car

No, actually it has been governed to about 3400 RPM's. I havent been driving it any different than before it started blowing the gasket. Thanks
Old 05-02-2012, 08:05 PM   #6
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

3400 is high but it's not excessively high. I doubt it's causing the issue. Something is definitely causing pressure to build up in the crankcase. Have you tried removing the muffler and shaking it to see if you hear anything rattling around in it?
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:12 PM   #7
fastercarter
Gone Wild

Mine runs close to 4700 rpms with no issues whatsoever. Crankcase pressure is determined by poor piston ring clearance causing pressure to seep back past he rings and or a negative return of said pressure back to the intake line. Try pulling that return line off of the intake and see what happens. It's the pipe that connects between the valve cover and the intake runner.

FC
fastercarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:29 PM   #8
mpro26
Getting Wild
Club Car

Doesn't the tube between the valve cover and the intake circulate positive crankcase ventilation back through the intake? Im wondering if the crankcase ventilation valve in the cylinder head is not working properly. Also, why is it that I keep blowing the gasket on the crankcase cover, instead of the pressure blowing the dipstick out of the tube. I figured the pressure would push the dipstick out before it blew a gasket. I know the dipstick is very easy to pull out, therefore it wouldn't take much pressure to blow it out.
Old 04-11-2019, 05:42 PM   #9
jamie_cartledge@yahoo.com
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

How did you fix gasket problem?
jamie_cartledge@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car