lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-05-2012, 02:43 PM   #1
rutro
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default New guy, first cart...........

Just picked up a RXV 2010 model for town use. Still have to get it street legal. I'm still trying to get my ol' head around this governer thing. I understand why, just can't get used to it. I like those throtles that are allways under my control....... like my old motorcycle, or the boat.
Any way I am realy enjoying this board, lots of good info. Can't wait to get the lights and stuff done so I can get on to the lift kit and such.
So I've got to ask, does anyone ever take that governer off? Just currious?
rutro is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-05-2012, 02:57 PM   #2
bud light
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: New guy, first cart...........

Welcome!!!
bud light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:17 PM   #3
RSP
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Some people bypass the gov, just keep this in mind, a motorcycle under full throttle will not over rev in high gear, nor will a boat over rev, but a golf cart will rev very high and come unglued. It all depends on who will be driving it
RSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:47 PM   #4
1moretoy
Never really finished

Mixed Breed

Welcome aboard!
1moretoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:39 PM   #5
rutro
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

RSP said;
Quote:
a golf cart will rev very high and come unglued. It all depends on who will be driving it
I had not thought about that. Does anyone know what the rev limit is on those 400cc Kawasaki motors is? It would definatly require a tach........ maybe a speedo too.

Bud light I really like your signature, never seen that one before, a man after mine own heart.
Thanks for all the welcomes !!!
Old 12-05-2012, 07:15 PM   #6
RSP
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Mine runs pretty good about 4000 rpm`s anything over that i can hear the valves starting to rattle
Old 12-06-2012, 03:46 PM   #7
rutro
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks again RSP!! I'm learning as I go that there are lots of little things that make a big difference when adjusting these things. I started this morning by taking a little slack out of the throtle cable. This one had been played with before from the looks of the linkage. With the shifter locked in neutral I watched as the govner worked when working the pedal. Once the govner kicked in I noticed that the linkage would not let the carb close all the way. This is what was causing one of the problems I'd noticed, which was some low speed surging so to speak for lack of a better term. The other was a tendancy to be hard starting at times. So I loosened the bolt that holds the two halfs of the govner linkage arm together and adjusted it until it let the carb close completly. Then from one of the posts I found here I used a tywrap through the spring at the end of the throttle cable to limit the amount it can give. Now when I touch the gas peddle with my toe it starts right up and idles perfect. No more of the low speed surging and when you step on it ya best have hold of the hat.....
Now on to the good stuff. Can anyone recomend a good easy to install lift kit for the RXV?
Old 12-06-2012, 04:38 PM   #8
RSP
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Wish i could help you out on a lift but i cant, im sure someone will come along and help out, you could also call any our the sponsors on this forum and i bet they can answer all your questions also
Old 12-06-2012, 09:30 PM   #9
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Welcome!!Synthetic Oil is a good investment to help prevent unexpected ejection of rods,camshafts,etc...
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:09 AM   #10
rutro
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Pachanga90 said;

Quote:
Synthetic Oil is a good investment to help prevent unexpected ejection of rods,camshafts,etc...
I'm glad you brought that up, I run Mobil1 in everything I have that is 4-cycle. Well worth the price. As soon as I change the oil in this one it'll have the synthetic in it also!!!

Well this cart is still messing with me. The dealer came out yesterday and put a new battery in it. It seemed to me a place to start and the old one had a week cell. But it did not solve the problem. Every so often it will not turn over and start. If I bump the peddle several times it will. When it does this the -wire on the battery will get hoter 'n a two dollar pistola. Starter ? I read somewhere that the brushes on these can overlap the comutater (sp?) segments and act this way? Is there a fix? Can I just pull the brushes and bevel the sides or something? Agravating!!!!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO