lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-23-2013, 01:32 AM   #1
jtkaaa07
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 84 Marathon tune up

Ive been lurking here for a while, and having some of the same issues alot of you guy's have had, backfiring, no power on hill's, etc,etc. Well thanks to all the good info, and experience on here, I'm trying to solve them. So anyway, I pulled my motor today, and went through it, did the spring fix on the throttle cable put a new clutch on, rebuilt carb, put on new fuel pump took .030 off head, polished intake , and rebuilt secondary. Motor had 120 psi before this, going test tomorrow.

IMG_20130523_004010(1).jpg

IMG_20130522_210929.jpg
jtkaaa07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-23-2013, 10:33 AM   #2
WJ ezgo
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 84 Marathon tune up

...real nice pics and motor. After shaving 30thou...what compression do you have now? (Did you also replace piston and rings or just shave the head?)
WJ ezgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:38 AM   #3
jtkaaa07
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Wow, took the cart for a run this morning, and it fly's! It's amazing what a difference a clutch can make. Something else I didn't mention was the gas was about 2 years old, that was part of the sluggish running problem. I used a product call Star Brite star tron enzyme fuel treatment, this stuff is awesome, it makes bad gas good again!
Old 05-23-2013, 06:51 PM   #4
jtkaaa07
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJ ezgo View Post
...real nice pics and motor. After shaving 30thou...what compression do you have now? (Did you also replace piston and rings or just shave the head?)
Just shaved head, piston had no play in it, guy I bought it from did top end rebuild a couple years ago. Compression is about 130-132 now, engine seem's alot more responsive now.
Old 05-24-2013, 06:34 AM   #5
WJ ezgo
Not Yet Wild

Cool thanks...how much was your comet clutch? Was it hard to install?

BTW, did you have to re-jet for the K&N ?

Awesome job...congrats!!!
WJ ezgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 02:57 PM   #6
jtkaaa07
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Comet clutches on ebay are about $200, I made my own puller, a 3/4-16 bolt about 1 1/2" long, and a piece of 5/8" round stock with an impact it poped right off. When you change the clutch the bolt that hold's the new Comet on is shorter by about an inch, I believe it was a 4 1/2 bolt I had to get. All of the bolts are available at any hardware store. I didn't re jet anything.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO