lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-13-2015, 12:42 PM   #1
BamaG14
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default Gas tank pick up tube

Just wanting to get some ideas on the gas tank pick up tube on my 96 G14. The tube doesn't go all the way to the bottom of the tank. Probably designed that way so it doesn't pick up sediment or trash in the bottom of tank. What I wondered about would it be ok to put an end of line filter on the tube so it will rest on the bottom of tank ? I know I still have gas in the tank when the level gets to the end of the tube and motor starts to run out of gas. If it was on the bottom I would get it all in tank if needed to .

I was in the woods yesterday and forgot to check the gas in tank til motor started to cut out .I made it back to truck luckily the cart leaned to the left more so toward pick up tube going down trails . Don't know how much is left in tank below the tube but if it was all the way on bottom could have used that too. Guess I need to check it more before going way in to the woods but old age got me ...LOL. Just a thought about adding a filter for it to go to bottom of tank ...What ya'll think ??
BamaG14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-13-2015, 01:10 PM   #2
MrNeon
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Gas tank pick up tube

I thought the same as you did too! Many times I just made it back after riding long hours...

A filter would seem to do the trick but also a cap fuel gauge as well.

Tagging along to see what pops up.
MrNeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 03:14 PM   #3
stuff4mason
G8 Club Founding Member

Yamaha

That's exactly why it doesn't go to the bottom of the tank, so it doesn't pick up sediment. Those filers are not going to stop all sediment, which will make it to the tiny, tiny holes in the carb, which will plug up and now the cart won't run! I'd leave it the way it is, then carry a small 2 gallon extra tank with you, in case you don't have enough to get home. Just my two cents!
stuff4mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 03:16 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

The hole in the tank is small, gonna have a tough time installing one. Also think what a batch of bad fuel with a little water is gonna do for you. I'd leave it alone.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 06:07 PM   #5
BamaG14
Getting Wild

Yamaha

You are probably right on leaving it alone . Figured the tube was off bottom for the sediment reason. Was just thinking like weedeaters and chain saws have a filter on the pick up tube and just laying in the bottom of their tank one might work on ours too. I try to keep a little Seafoam or such in the tank to hopefully take care of some moisture in tank .

Probably the best solution is to remember to have sufficient gas in tank before going to the woods The remembering part is one of the problems at my age...oh well
Old 02-14-2015, 09:04 AM   #6
smokindawg
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Leaving it alone is a good idea. Besides, if you tend run it low by not checking it, that won't change, you'll just be able to go a little bit farther before you actually run out.
smokindawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 11:23 AM   #7
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

One of the best things I did was put a marine gas gauge in my cart.It makes life a lot easier to know how much fuel you have whenever you use your cart.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 10:36 PM   #8
BamaG14
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydhd View Post
One of the best things I did was put a marine gas gauge in my cart.It makes life a lot easier to know how much fuel you have whenever you use your cart.
Could you give me an idea what you did to install the marine gas gauge ??
Old 02-15-2015, 07:18 AM   #9
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-y...gauge-g14.html

Here's the gas gauge thread, and where I mounted my gauges.

Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha