lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-02-2015, 10:52 AM   #1
Navysauce
Not Yet Wild

Default Yamaha G2 suspension

I recently inherited a G2 cart, got it going but the suspension is worn out. I have read on this forum about people using different shocks for lifted carts but I was wondering is there any other alternative to the oem yamaha shocks? They seems expensive for what they are and think there has to be another less expensive way. Thanks in advance.
Navysauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-02-2015, 02:54 PM   #2
Mr. Mike
It's Beer Time!

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha G2 suspension

I haven't been able to find any shocks that'll work for non lifted carts. Unfortunately, most lift kits reuse the factory shocks so even that wouldn't matter much. The only time you would have the opportunity to use longer aftermarket/ATV type shocks would be with the long travel setup or making your own lift kit. Maybe somebody else on BGW has found something?
When I installed the lift kit on my cart I ended up with the front end 2" lower than the rear and I was not happy with that. I ended using steel plates to lift the front the extra 2" which caused me to find another alternative to the shocks. I ended up using Harley Sportster shocks on the front because they're exactly 2" longer then the stock 11" shocks.
Mr. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 08:11 PM   #3
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

I don't know either, but on ebay a lot of listings tell the length of the shock so you could try something that way, like maybe a front atv shock.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 08:21 PM   #4
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Factory shocks are actually pretty decent quality, just not for off road. For campground/golf course/yard use they are great, usually last a long time.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 10:17 AM   #5
Navysauce
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the info guys I guess I'm going to pull them off and get good measurements then give it a go with some aftermarket shocks I've seen. Personally I just can't see paying $250 for shocks on a golf cart. Thanks again for the help of it works out I will post all the info for others.
Old 06-04-2015, 10:21 AM   #6
Mr. Mike
It's Beer Time!

Yamaha

If you don't find anything I have a set of fronts from a G9 that would work but I don't know if they're any better than what you have now. I would be willing to sell them really cheap and ship them to you.
Old 06-04-2015, 11:42 AM   #7
Navysauce
Not Yet Wild

I will keep it in mind. Thanks again
Old 06-04-2015, 11:45 AM   #8
Navysauce
Not Yet Wild

Everyone likes pics. Here's on. Battery, fuel pump, fuel filter and a wash.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (224.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-04-2015, 11:56 AM   #9
Mr. Mike
It's Beer Time!

Yamaha

Well there's your problem. The shocks will never work with the cart upside down. JK. Where are you from Navysauce? Nice little inheritance.
Old 06-04-2015, 12:02 PM   #10
Navysauce
Not Yet Wild

Va. It runs good too. Sometimes you got to pump the pedal a couple time for it too engage but other than that the radio even works!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha