lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-15-2015, 05:51 PM   #1
Dooley112
Not Yet Wild

Default 07 club car with GE motor magnet stuck

Was trying to upgrade the magnet and I can't get the whole magnet out for the life of me. Anyone have this problem and were able to get it out?
Dooley112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-15-2015, 06:44 PM   #2
stang99x
Gone Wild

Default Re: 07 club car with GE motor magnet stuck

It can be a ROYAL PITA. Chances are it comes out in two pieces....the magnet and the sleeve. Two flatheads and don't be scared to use them. I just had one the other day loke that. Then suddenly it just popped off. The paint can lid removal tool works for some
stang99x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 07:23 PM   #3
Dooley112
Not Yet Wild

I tried the paint can opener. Broke the outside magnet ring but the rest still remains and won't budge. Tried the two screwdrivers but maybe I just need to get on it more.
Dooley112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 07:58 PM   #4
stang99x
Gone Wild

You aren't gonna mess anything up. That shaft its on is hard as a rock. Don't be scared of really getting on it, just watch your knuckles. I have beat on them with a hammer and flathead before.....sometimes they have to move back before they'll move forward.
Old 06-15-2015, 08:08 PM   #5
RPatten
Gone Wild
Club Car

I had issues and i said screw it and got a plumb quick bandit. Much better off.
RPatten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 08:39 PM   #6
stang99x
Gone Wild

An 07 Club Car IQ drive with magnet will do 20mph. I don't know why everything thinks they want a cart that does 30. I have a cart that'll do 30, it never goes over 20. Common sense dictates a machine engineered to run 17 shouldn't be doing 28+
Old 06-15-2015, 09:26 PM   #7
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

You may have never heard of the old saying. He who has the fastest cart never has a bad lie.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 09:42 PM   #8
stang99x
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgolf View Post
You may have never heard of the old saying. He who has the fastest cart never has a bad lie.
Oh I've heard it. Hell I've practiced it! But being one who builds these and repairs them after idiots drive them into the ground.......well let's just say there are a great deal of people who shouldn't be going that fast to begin with. But seriously, these carts were engineered to run at the most 20mph. As the speed increases the steering and suspension isn't capable of supporting it. Like I said, my personal cart will do well over 30. I have an AMD 7126 Raptor motor running on an Alltrax 4844. But anything over 25-26 and if you turn the wheel in the slightest it will cross the road. Most people can't handle the excess speed. But you know, make it fast as you want I guess. Just make sure you're ready for the, "possibilities" that may come.
Old 06-16-2015, 12:07 AM   #9
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

The easiest way to do it is to take the cap off of the end of the motor. Draw a line with a marker down the motor and onto the cap to help you line it back up later when you re install it. After the cap is off you should be able to remove the magnet easily. Install the new one at this point. Make sure you install it in the correct direction. The flat side goes toward the sensor and the side with the ridge goes toward the armature. The tricky part to getting the cap back on is lining up the bearing retainer screws. Go to the hardware store and buy you a couple of screws that are longer than the ones that came out, but the same thread. I believe they're 8-32. Get some that are 2 to 3 inches long. Start them in the bearing retainer and reinstall the plate. Bolt it up with the four outer bolts. Now you'll be able to remove one of the long screws and use the other as an alignment tool. Install one original screw and tighten it up. Remove the other long screw and install the original screw in it's place and you're done.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 06:59 PM   #10
rbail1
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
The easiest way to do it is to take the cap off of the end of the motor. Draw a line with a marker down the motor and onto the cap to help you line it back up later when you re install it. After the cap is off you should be able to remove the magnet easily. Install the new one at this point. Make sure you install it in the correct direction. The flat side goes toward the sensor and the side with the ridge goes toward the armature. The tricky part to getting the cap back on is lining up the bearing retainer screws. Go to the hardware store and buy you a couple of screws that are longer than the ones that came out, but the same thread. I believe they're 8-32. Get some that are 2 to 3 inches long. Start them in the bearing retainer and reinstall the plate. Bolt it up with the four outer bolts. Now you'll be able to remove one of the long screws and use the other as an alignment tool. Install one original screw and tighten it up. Remove the other long screw and install the original screw in it's place and you're done.
Dang!.....I just found this thread after searching this site high and low with the search function and it comes up on Google when I start looking around a little deeper for a removal tool. Thanks David. I just got the magnet from you today and now hopefully this will do it. I started another thread with this same issue asking if I could remove the cover. When I'm reassembling does the retainer only sit in there one way? Does it matter.....top and bottom? And most importantly can I do this with the motor horizontal, i.e. still in the cart? I can remove three of the four long bolts completely and the third almost completely thanks to the six inch lift so I figure I can just spin it down and out of the way. There is no weight on this cover? It is just a cover....correct?
rbail1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car