lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-05-2015, 07:33 AM   #1
Jeff Gammon
Not Yet Wild

Default oil pump on G1

How can I tell if the oil pump will work on my G1. Just got it the other day. The oil tank is plum empty. The guy I got it from had been mixing the oil. I would like to go back to using the oil tank if possible
Jeff Gammon is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-05-2015, 08:55 AM   #2
Field6565
Gone Wild

Default Re: oil pump on G1

It's your choice but most people delete the oil injection and premix for the guarantee that the motor is getting oil. I would fill the oil tank and keep premixing the gas for a day or so....drive it. Change the small oil hose from the pump to the carb to a clear one so you can observe if the oil is reaching the carb. The oil pump only moves a very small amount of oil, it may take a while and that is even if it is working. It's premixes 150:1 at full throttle and around 300:1 near idle. Yeah that's not a lot of oil.
Field6565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 09:17 AM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Mix it for sure. Getting the air out of the lines & pump will take a while. The pump has a bleed screw to get things moving again. One missed air bubble is enough to fry the engine. As noted, the oil moves very slowly. Personally, im in the "premix your gas" camp. When i worked on boats, i saw so many motors fried due to oil injection systems that i will never fully trust an oil injection system.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 10:38 AM   #4
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

yeah oil injection works , only problem with it is the only way you find out its not working is after the engine sieze's. just mix it up and know for sure , a little smoke is better than not moving
nobuckbuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 03:52 PM   #5
Jeff Gammon
Not Yet Wild

What ratio do yall recommend. The guy I got it from was running 50 to 1
Seems a little rich to me
Old 10-05-2015, 05:37 PM   #6
Field6565
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Gammon View Post
What ratio do yall recommend. The guy I got it from was running 50 to 1
Seems a little rich to me
100:1 would be fine. If you don't abuse your cart 125:1 would also work. You're right 50:1 is too rich.
Field6565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 06:51 PM   #7
Jeff Gammon
Not Yet Wild

I guess just any quality 2 cycle engine oil? I have heard some say synthetic but when this cart was built I had never even heard of synthetic oil. I have ran a bunch of 2 cycle boat motors but that is where my experience stops with 2 cycle stuff
Old 10-05-2015, 07:35 PM   #8
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Gammon View Post
I guess just any quality 2 cycle engine oil? I have heard some say synthetic but when this cart was built I had never even heard of synthetic oil. I have ran a bunch of 2 cycle boat motors but that is where my experience stops with 2 cycle stuff
You need a good high quality "air cooled" 2 cycle oil. I used Echo brand in mine, got it at Home Depot. Worked well, and I think it's synthetic. I mixed mine at 100:1 for a long time. I disassembled the engine at around 300 hours (est) and could not find any wear.

At 50:1 there will be oil in your muffler, way too much, lots of smoke. A properly mixed fuel and a properly tuned two stroke engine and it will hardly smoke at all.

Remember, the more oil in the mix, the less power you will have, due to lower amount of fuel.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 07:54 PM   #9
Jeff Gammon
Not Yet Wild

Thanks. I will mix a good air cooled oil at 100 to 1
Not going to beat on it hard just yet. Just going to sit a small lift on it and some 20 inch tires for my wife to ride in the yard. She has a bad knee
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha