lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-09-2016, 01:22 AM   #21
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Alltrax XCT custom controller & throttle settings

There is a lot more than a cheap motor at stake when the case flies apart at 8-10,000 rpm
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-09-2016, 07:40 AM   #22
Aauman88
Gone Wild

Which is why I didn't recommend doing it nor is mine set over the max.
Aauman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 07:49 AM   #23
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Do you know how many rpms is your motor turning at the speeds you quoted?
Old 03-09-2016, 08:22 AM   #24
Aauman88
Gone Wild

Yes I have the RPM's set at 7250 max and my speed limit is not disabled. Yes I disabled it and test drove one time before coming back to turn it down. I then started at the 6000 default and increased few hundred at time until I got where I was comfortable.

It's not like this cart will be finished this week and my family on it. More than likely when it's done and ready I will decrease it further. Guess I should go back and edit my posts to include a disclaimer advising against doing it. I was asked several times what my settings were and I was waiting until I had more run time before posting. I'm not out to get someone get or damage their equipment

Adam
Aauman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 08:32 AM   #25
Dale-D
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have a EMP Hi Speed Motor
I do not know the maximum RPM I can turn it, but, I am looking at the AllTrax XCT Controller unit for my EXCEL Cart myself and I am following this thread closely

I guess I need to contact EMP and one of the site sponsors that sells this controller and find out what I should run on it if I decide to go that route..............

Speed is OK with the stock controller & solonoide, I already upgraded my wire set to 2 gauge, but, I may need to upgrade the rest of the components when I upgrade...........

If one of the site sponsors would like to chime in and tell me what I need, I will take this under advisement

Dale D.
Dale-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 09:07 AM   #26
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

It's best to contact the motor salesperson to get advise on application and max rpm. I'm sure EMP can answer your questions on controllers, field map application, and safe rpm.

I prefer to run below max rpm. I see the results of riding on the brink of disaster. Recently a member wanted the same control & motor set up I sent to JohnnieB. His cart got the same results he read about on the forum. But he wanted more ... to in his own words 'squeeze more' out of the motor so he did, posting speeds that earned him bragging rights and soon a trip back to the manufacture with a burnt up motor. I'm just saying the manufactures of these aftermarket motors know best. They see hundreds of applications each year. Follow their recommendations for best results.
Old 03-09-2016, 09:15 AM   #27
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

High speed motor failure can be very destructive. I would make sure to limit the RPM to at or below the manufacturer's recommendations.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 10:31 AM   #28
Dale-D
Gone Wild

Club Car

That is the advice I needed to hear Scottyb and Volt_Ampere

Scottyb, do yopu have a controller package that is really PLUG & PLAY for my 2012 Club Car Precedent EXCEL model cart ?

I DO NOT need to know the price, but, I want the 400 AMP Package, controller and Solonoid package, I already have the upgraded wires and I am building the Charge Equalizer circuit from Sergio today and will install them on my 6 8 Volt batteries today

Thanks
Dale D
Dale-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 02:02 PM   #29
travis_slim
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Ok so I finally got some more nice weather and got some seat time with the cart. Very very happy of my current settings. Feel free to try them if you like at your own caution of course.

Cart: 2007 Precedent 48v
Batteries: 4-12 Trojan batteries (at least 4 years old)
Controller: Alltrax XCT48400IQ with SW180 solenoid 4ga cables
Motor: Stock AMD motor
Tires: 23"
Top Speed: 26 MPH
Throttle Settings: Factory: Custom
Torque Settings: Factory: Custom

Comments: The last time when I was trying to make custom throttle and torque maps I was being way to aggressive making the cart not safe to drive in tight quarters and jerky when trying to drive it as a cruiser. The setup I have now is still very snappy but safe to park in a tight spot and easy to cruise with. Before I checked my top speed I aligned my front end. It always looked a little off to me and I have been reading forms talking about the improvements from doing it. Sure enough mine was wrong and I found a recent form talking about how the All Sports needs to be 1/8 toe in vs the Mad Jax 1/8 toe out aligned. I also had my batteries fully charged when I started testing my cart. When I took it out on the wide open stretch last time it would just barely flicker the 25mph but it did so I called it 25mph, this time it was a solid 26mph. Plus my acceleration was better all the way through the power band. My cart still gets up to 17mph good then takes a while to get to 26mph but not as long as it did before. I do think my batteries are not in the best of condition. I am pretty sure the previous owner let them freeze each year in storage and my guess that happened 3 seasons at least in northern MN. Also I turned my regen up to 80.0 because when you get going 20+ mph it is nice to have more regen to help slow down for corners with out having to to ride the brakes all the time. All the screen shots are below of my setup plus a picture of my wide open throttle of my cart at 26mph of the monitor screen. Overall I am very happy with the response of the cart, the speed, the torque, regen, etc. Feel free to use any of this information!

PS. This is what I'm hoping others will post eventually!
Attached Images
File Type: png Pic01.png (93.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: png Pic02.png (101.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: png Pic03.png (99.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: png Pic04.png (96.6 KB, 0 views)
travis_slim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 02:06 PM   #30
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Great Travis! I'll be playing with mine and will post just like you did if I ever of find the time...
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
xct400 xct500 xct500
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car