lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-16-2016, 07:53 AM   #21
Patela2oh
Gone Wild

Ph ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Patela2oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-16-2016, 12:27 PM   #22
langstonjones
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Top speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by teecro View Post
Only that Plum Quick needs to know that your installing the motor on a cart with PH in the serial number; PH carts are Excel carts and they measure their speed differently than the IQ carts.... In the end the stock motors are the same but PQ has some magic they do to the PH motors to help fool the controllers into allowing max speed...
Thanks! I was trying to come up with anything before asking the question. I even thought PH=purple handle LOL. Thanks for clearing it up for me.
langstonjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 12:30 PM   #23
langstonjones
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubabud View Post
My cart is a 2006 Precedent, PQ= Precedent IQ but I installed a PH motor the last time around which gave me the extra speed to go over 30 MPB.

Talk with PlumQuick and let them know the year and type of your cart and they'll let you know what will or won't work with it.
Will do. Thanks for the reply. I upgraded cables to 1/0 (I know, insanely stupid, but it's what you do when you have 150ft of it laying around), ordered 400a solenoid, and getting new batteries. It should go plenty fast for me and if not, I will replace controller.
langstonjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 01:54 PM   #24
Scarp
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

scubabud, i have a 12 PH CC Prec. with PQ bandit, 4g wires HD Solenoid and I only got 19.8. did you change your controller, mine is set to 3. ?
Scarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 04:19 PM   #25
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarp View Post
scubabud, i have a 12 PH CC Prec. with PQ bandit, 4g wires HD Solenoid and I only got 19.8. did you change your controller, mine is set to 3. ?
If you have a PQ Bandit motor the speed magnet on it was modified so that no matter what your control is set at you would be the maximum speed out of your motor. Your speed is based on many factors including wheel size, unwanted drag from rubbing brakes, etc. But if you're only getting 19.8 with a PlumQuick motor then I would say there is something wrong. Most change outs whether a PQ motor or PH motor depending on your cart should warrant speeds at around 24-25 MPB. Yes I did change my controller but only from the factory 150amp to a Curtis, still factory of 250 amps.

Discuss this with PlumQuick and see what they suggest.
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car