lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-15-2016, 11:37 PM   #1
Dlab
Gone Wild

Default Newbie Here. Need advice

Club Car AB0233-180319. I've read all y'all's post via Google over the last year and decided to join this forum as it is obvious y'all have a wealth of knowledge on these rigs.

I use the cart primarily for hunting. This past year I used it to put out feed and get to and from the stand. Overall it honestly did everything I needed. Hills are a problem however., especially when loaded..... Mine is a 36Volt resistor cart. I just bought 20-10-8 Tires for the rig. I understand the bigger the tire the faster ect, so I chose 20" as to help keep as much torque as possible, I made it a year with 18" tires.

My question is this. All I need from the cart is 12-15 mph and hill climbing ability with a load. I gather that the VGlide/coils is not very good for this.

Is it worth it to convert to a Solid State Controller setup? Or would a motor upgrade from PQ do all I want?

If I do convert to a Controller setup, I'm planning on buying new batts before the upcoming season. Will 6volts do what I'm wanting, or should I go to 6, 8volts and keep my 36 volt motor?

Sorry for the long post, just know y'all like all the info possible to give a proper opinion on the subject.

Thanks in advance for any fresh opinions. I've used the search function, however Id like fresh opinions on my current setup and needs.
Dlab is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-16-2016, 12:21 AM   #2
Lbkgolfer
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Newbie Here. Need advice

I'm new her here too but I'll go ahead and chime in. I almost bought a resistor cart and already had some questions answered. The most popular answer your going to get is, ditch the resistor set up and go solid state. Covert to 48v and keep the 36v motor, I've read the 36 is pretty good with 48 going to it. I'm sure ScottyB will chime in but go check out his sight, you'll find it in the sponsor tab. He has coversion kits that will work for what your wanting to do.
Lbkgolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 12:38 AM   #3
theboss20
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Smile Re: Newbie Here. Need advice

Great answer...that is exactly what I would do but remember to factor in a new battery charger also...and I would upgrade the cables to 2ga. To make sure all the amps are working on those hills...
theboss20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 06:55 AM   #4
crash test dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboss20 View Post
Great answer...that is exactly what I would do but remember to factor in a new battery charger also...and I would upgrade the cables to 2ga. To make sure all the amps are working on those hills...
see we teach the newbies well
one thing they did not say is , you will also need a 48v charger
again scotty is the sponsor to see

http://www.cartsunlimited.net/
Old 05-16-2016, 08:20 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Everybody has been happy with their solid state conversion. It's like getting a new cart. 48v operation will get you 30% more speed and torque from the old motor. This sounds exactly like what you are asking for. A 500a control & 48v operation opens the door for any high torque aftermarket motor later too

reviews:

Good afternoon. Going on a year now of heavy use and the 700 FSIP conversion, HD switch, HD Solenoid & Custom Cables have all been flawless, great kit & great service! J Deal

Simple install and it runs amazing, thank you so much. Now I gotta 1984 outside club car with 2016 insides, a thousand times thank you, B Wood

Scotty,
Thanks for all your help. The controller package works smooth as glass, installation directions were spot on. DB in MD

Got the parts today and installed everything. It works! I can't be happier with the carts performance. Thank you very much for your excellent customer service and patience. Have a great rest of the weekend. Jason

I LOVE the 48v conversion!!! My cart runs so much better now. Thanks for all the advice and good products. Dave B

Scotty,
Many thanks for the great conversion kit. Schematics were simple and easy to follow.
Cart is up and running with no problems whatsoever. M Tracy

Scotty,
Just want to say thank you. I got everything hooked up and is working great. It’s like a new cart. It is badass. Thanks again.
JG in Savannah GA

Thank you for sending the C74 upgrade kit so quickly. I can't even tell you how pleased I am with the results. Your kit was easy to follow and the parts well-made and packaged. All-in-all it took about 6 hours to install the kit but I took my time and checked and rechecked everything multiple times. I held my breath a couple times especially when I connected the last battery cable and finally, turning the key. Everything worked like a charm. S Newman
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 06:22 PM   #6
Dlab
Gone Wild

Thanks for the replies guys. I've already been eyeballin the C54 package on Scotty's site and will more than likely go with that setup.

Will I see any gains in torque at all before I go completely to a 48volt system? Also, 8 6volts, or 6 8volts?
Old 05-16-2016, 06:27 PM   #7
crash test dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlab View Post
Thanks for the replies guys. I've already been eyeballin the C54 package on Scotty's site and will more than likely go with that setup.

Will I see any gains in torque at all before I go completely to a 48volt system? Also, 8 6volts, or 6 8volts?
do not understand what you are asking about "gains "
6~8v fit better
Old 05-16-2016, 06:43 PM   #8
Dlab
Gone Wild

The 8 volts will fit under the seat in the same arrangement? Hell Im just gonna go for it all at once, solid state and 48
Old 05-16-2016, 06:50 PM   #9
crash test dummy

yep fit like a glove
Old 05-16-2016, 07:54 PM   #10
Dlab
Gone Wild

Preciate ya CTD.

Tags
2002 club car
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car