lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-17-2016, 07:34 AM   #11
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: Powerdrive2 Charger not working

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazz24 View Post
Update: Received the kit from TahoeDawgZ71 yesterday. It took about 15 minutes to swap out components and charger is up and running. Thanks again for the help.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-22-2016, 08:24 PM   #12
Jazz24
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I just finished golfing, went to plug cart in and the breaker tripped on charger. Unplugged cord from cart and outlet reset breaker and charger click and started, after a minute shut off shortly and started back up like it should and is running. What concerns me is that the needle is slightly past 15 amps, I don't recall it being that high. Is this normal? I recall it to be around 12 or 13 amps. Also I have never had the breaker trip before. What would cause that?
Jazz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 10:49 AM   #13
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

The breaker will trip when the rectifier fails. This happens immediately when the charger starts. If the charger runs a few minutes before the breaker trips, you may just have a bad breaker. The spring in them gets weak over time and can trip for no apparent reason. If you replace the breaker and it still continues to do so, you may have an issue with your transformer or the battery pack. The breaker is rated at 15 amps. If the charger draws more than 15 amps, the breaker will trip. Your goal is to find out what's causing the charger to overwork.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 12:06 PM   #14
theboss20
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Smile Re: Powerdrive2 Charger not working

Try a different outlet on a different circuit breaker...if that blows you will know the problem is the charger...also if you are using an extension cord make sure it at least a 12ga wire and it's not a 50' cord....shorter the better.
theboss20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 08:31 AM   #15
Jazz24
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboss20 View Post
Try a different outlet on a different circuit breaker...if that blows you will know the problem is the charger...also if you are using an extension cord make sure it at least a 12ga wire and it's not a 50' cord....shorter the better.
The breaker on the charger trips not the outlet breaker. I have a different charger (BatteryMinder Desulfator Charger) and it works fine plugged into same outlet. Also not using an extension cord. TahoeDawgZ71 has suggested to put the old breaker into the charger. He is thinking I might have a bad breaker.
Jazz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 09:19 AM   #16
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazz24 View Post
The breaker on the charger trips not the outlet breaker. I have a different charger (BatteryMinder Desulfator Charger) and it works fine plugged into same outlet. Also not using an extension cord. TahoeDawgZ71 has suggested to put the old breaker into the charger. He is thinking I might have a bad breaker.
For testing replace the 15 amp breaker with a 15 amp fuse...
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 12:28 PM   #17
_ogre
Golf Cart? oops 😉

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by teecro View Post
For testing replace the 15 amp breaker with a 15 amp fuse...
as teecro stated, just unplug the onboard breaker and plug in a fuse
like this

_ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car