lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-27-2016, 04:49 PM   #1
doyleliz@att.net
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Ignitors dropping like flies.

I have been thinking my ignitor was causing problems. So I swapped mine for one from a cart that was running fine. When I first did the swap. My cart ran great then after I shut it down and restarted it ran like crap again. So I swapped them back and the donor cart ran like crap. Any ideas what is happening I checked the voltage and maximum rpms the highest reading was 14.1 but mostly stays around 13.5. Help.
doyleliz@att.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-31-2016, 09:58 AM   #2
mdillonaire
Getting Wild

Default Re: Ignitors dropping like flies.

check your grounds, fuses, and connections. Also, what model and year is this? Need to know to give further assistance
mdillonaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 05:59 PM   #3
doyleliz@att.net
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

85 g2
doyleliz@att.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 07:42 PM   #4
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Wiring and connection issues are the biggest thing on these carts, I'd check all that first though it could be plug or fuel issue as well even a leaky airbox.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 07:48 PM   #5
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

I've written about this in several other threads. After I started running my cart in the fields and back roads I started to have shutdown issues - I would lose my spark. When I did my VC460 upgrade I pulled all the original wiring. What I found was past repairs had corroded in two. Blue wire connectors and soldered joints had started to fail. Your 85 G2 is 32 years old and been run under the most adverse conditions like drunks and speed demons -- its been stored outside most likely half its life in the weather. I ripped out all my old wiring and re wired my cart for the lawn mower engine that's in it. Mine starts and stops with a key like a truck. I bet you'll find that your wiring harness has a ghost hiding in it.

Your donor cart is most likely having the same issues.
Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha