lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-04-2009, 05:22 PM   #11
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Default Re: Gas Yamaha Drive Noisy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rveleta View Post
I too have a Yamaha 2004 g22 that has developed some sort of noise coming from the gearbox. If cruising and shifting the transmission into nuetral (between forward and reverse) the noise stops. It is past the warantee or I would call the dealer. Does anyone know of an online service manual, since the hardcopy is over $200. and I hate to get into it without a manual.
Check to make sure your shifter cables are adjusted properly and allowing it to go into gear all the way. And this could be as simple as spraying some wd40 on the cables as well.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-05-2009, 11:51 AM   #12
rveleta
Not Yet Wild

Thanks, is there a place to download parts of the service manual rather than putting out the $200 to buy the whole big thing in book form?
rveleta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 11:41 PM   #13
duffer
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I also have a 2008 Drive about 14 months old. It went in to dealer last week for annual service. One of the Items on my list to be fixed was a " tinny " noise coming from the engine area at fairly fast speeds. Dealer said he tightened axle spacers. After driving the cart, I can't tell any difference. I'm sending it back in when it gets warmer here in Florida. They are also going to make the tires round so I don't feel like Fred Flintstone driving it!
duffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 06:51 PM   #14
Monsterezgokid
Kid no more!!

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffer4384 View Post
Thanks for responding. The welds on the heat shield seem fine. The noise sounds like a heat shield vibration, but doesn't seem to be. My friend took the cart back to the dealer and was told there wasn't anything wrong. Hard for me to believe that a fairly new cart should sound like this.

You need to go back to your dealer with a baseball bat and get them to fix it.

More then likely its a heat shield weld that is loose like mentioned above, or either an internal baffle inside the exhaust thats loose. For a cart that new, there is no chance that its a clutch issue, unless youve been really rippin on it.?
Monsterezgokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 07:03 PM   #15
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monsterezgokid View Post
You need to go back to your dealer with a baseball bat and get them to fix it.

More then likely its a heat shield weld that is loose like mentioned above, or either an internal baffle inside the exhaust thats loose. For a cart that new, there is no chance that its a clutch issue, unless youve been really rippin on it.?
I hope your kidding about the baseball bat! You walk into my shop with "that"...you'll be finding your a$$ in jail and you car will still not be fixed! I think a better suggestion would to be ask the dealer to change out the muffler and see what it sounds like. Dave
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 07:09 PM   #16
Monsterezgokid
Kid no more!!

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblock450sl View Post
I hope your kidding about the baseball bat! You walk into my shop with "that"...you'll be finding your a$$ in jail and you car will still not be fixed! I think a better suggestion would to be ask the dealer to change out the muffler and see what it sounds like. Dave
Yes im kidding. you didnt think i was serious about it

You could use a mini one
Monsterezgokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 05:23 PM   #17
Heimster
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

This is weird. I only come upon this thread, but had to read it all because I think I have the same thing Thing is, I gave up on looking for the answer to that "rattle" sound about two years ago The cart runs excellent and I just learn to ignore it
Heimster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 03:43 PM   #18
Dflowe
Getting Wild

Yamaha

My G29 was making an obnoxious noise that I couldn't find anywhere. After doing everything I could think of, I took it to a Yamaha dealer and initially, they couldn't find the cause of the noise either. After searching for a while, they decided it was the engine and asked me about changing it out with a spare they had at their shop, just to see if it were something internal. That's what they did and the noise sent away. They left that engine on it and it's still fine today. They charged me less than $500 for all the searching they did and changing out the engine. They sent my old engine to a rebuilder and I never did find out what it was internally making the noise. It ran perfect, it just made a lot of racket.
Dflowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 06:16 PM   #19
duramax
Gone Wild

when don rebuilds clutches he says he crimps the dust cover on the clutch to prevent the pining noise
duramax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 01:28 PM   #20
SandbaggerYDRA
Gone Wild

Yamaha

My 2007 Drive has picked up a tinny "rattle-like" sound since I installed my freshly rebuilt clutches. I don't know what the cause is. I had to remove the muffler and loosen the engine mount bolts to tilt the engine enough to remove the primary clutch. So I did manage to disturb a couple of things. But when I put everything back on, I made sure that I tightened up every bolt. So I don't know if the noise is from the primary clutch, or some other vibration. When I get the time, I'll try to track it down.
SandbaggerYDRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha