lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-09-2014, 01:46 PM   #21
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Gas Yamaha Drive Noisy

Muffler is less than $100, get a muffler. Service manual is about $89 at dealer. Or even better, try to find a G22 "black" stock muffler (bolts right in a drive), be sure to get the rubber boot to go with it. The old muffler was so much better.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-09-2014, 01:49 PM   #22
cgtech

Yamaha

Run the engine in neutral to the rpm the noise starts. Press a socket extension against the muffler heat shield to see if you can change the noise at all, if so, its the muffler heat shield.
Old 07-09-2014, 02:33 PM   #23
Dflowe
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandbaggerYDRA View Post
My 2007 Drive has picked up a tinny "rattle-like" sound since I installed my freshly rebuilt clutches. I don't know what the cause is. I had to remove the muffler and loosen the engine mount bolts to tilt the engine enough to remove the primary clutch. So I did manage to disturb a couple of things. But when I put everything back on, I made sure that I tightened up every bolt. So I don't know if the noise is from the primary clutch, or some other vibration. When I get the time, I'll try to track it down.
To get the primary clutch off, you put a jack under the cart and take the bottom shock bolts off. Then you just jack the frame up past the clutch bolt.

Maybe that'll help you a little next time,
Dflowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 03:04 PM   #24
cgtech

Yamaha

I dont even do that. I put left rear wheel on automotive ste ramp, remove battery, have a fat guy stand on rear bumper, then you have just enough room to get it from top side.
Old 07-09-2014, 04:00 PM   #25
Dflowe
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
I dont even do that. I put left rear wheel on automotive ste ramp, remove battery, have a fat guy stand on rear bumper, then you have just enough room to get it from top side.
That's the problem, I don't have a fat guy handy.
Old 07-09-2014, 04:05 PM   #26
Dflowe
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Run the engine in neutral to the rpm the noise starts. Press a socket extension against the muffler heat shield to see if you can change the noise at all, if so, its the muffler heat shield.
When my G29b was making the noise, I put a G22 muffler on it, just to see if it was the muffler rattling. Unfortunately, I wasn't the muffler and was internal in the engine.
Old 07-09-2014, 08:15 PM   #27
dbmachine
Gone Wild

I know some big gals that might help you out.
dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 08:41 AM   #28
BisonGolf
Getting Wild

Yamaha

My 2011 G29 did the same thing. I figured out it was the muffler. Where the pipe comes from the engine into the muffler, it has 3 small tack welds. They snap and the plate will rattle against the internal muffler. Also the the weld down on the mount underneath broke. You really can't tell until you take close inspection. I took mine off, took it in and had the whole thing re-welded all the way around. Problem solved!!! I ended up changing it out anyway for a plowman's muffler. So I have the re-welded muffler for sale if anyone needs one.
BisonGolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 11:26 AM   #29
SandbaggerYDRA
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by BisonGolf View Post
My 2011 G29 did the same thing. I figured out it was the muffler. Where the pipe comes from the engine into the muffler, it has 3 small tack welds. They snap and the plate will rattle against the internal muffler. Also the the weld down on the mount underneath broke. You really can't tell until you take close inspection. I took mine off, took it in and had the whole thing re-welded all the way around. Problem solved!!! I ended up changing it out anyway for a plowman's muffler. So I have the re-welded muffler for sale if anyone needs one.
That's interesting. I'll have to check this. I had to remove and reinstall my muffler and had to move it around a little bit to get it to seat properly, and it's possible that I may have disturbed some of those welds in doing so. Looks like a project for the fall........
SandbaggerYDRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 10:46 AM   #30
sjfishon
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

my gear box is loud also, I just keep running it, I have always thought it was because its 6up, and the angle is stopping some gear oil from getting up properly;;;;any thoughts on this???????????
sjfishon is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha