lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-12-2017, 10:03 PM   #1
Kaycie27
Not Yet Wild

Default Club car runs with airbox open

I have a 06 club car precedent. I recently changed out the carburetor to fix an issue with gas in the oil. Now the cart cuts in an out. If I remove the air filter and leave the air box open then it run perfectly. I have checked the choke, and the hose from carburetor and nothing is blocking. It ran fine with the air filter with the old carburetor. Is there an adjustment that I am missing?
Kaycie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-13-2017, 04:54 AM   #2
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Club car runs with airbox open

Gas in the oil, as in stuck float? Check that the air cleaner isn't full of gas in the lower end. I don't remember if the layout on the Precedent is the same, but the later DS's ran the air box all the way under the drivers floor and up behind the dash. I've had several fill that part of the box running under the floor and couldn't draw air. I ended up drilling a hole to drain it and filling the hole with silicone once it was done. Even if the housing isn't filled, if the air filter was gas soaked at any point it needs to be replaced - won't let enough air pass through.
meimk is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
air filter, airbox, carburator
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car