lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-18-2018, 09:15 PM   #11
Scotty07
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 48 volt yamaha drive rear noise

So tonight when I was out on the cart. I noticed a loud clicking noise every time i turn left. I don't hear it on the right turns. I just lifted the cart about a month ago and was just about to try and adjust the brakes because they felt like there was not much pedal on them after the lift. Its a 2012 Drive so I'm pretty sure its not a white tag on the rear end. Any Ideas?
Scotty07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-18-2018, 11:59 PM   #12
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Front wheel bearings? You will be looking all day and night for the "brakes" to adjust.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 10:43 AM   #13
Scotty07
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Its defiantly coming from the left rear. I snugged up the lugs on the left rear and took it back out and now i don't hear the noise. Im going to try and take it for a longer ride tonight to make sure it does not come back
Scotty07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 04:37 PM   #14
smbstoli
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Did this problem ever get resolved? I am having a similar noise with 2013 G29. Electric.
smbstoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 08:12 PM   #15
Dan33Klein
Getting Wild

Try replacing the grommet first. There only a few bucks. The input shaft and motor coupler were worn on mine. The grommet and grease fix only lasted a few days.
Dan33Klein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 07:31 PM   #16
brundog17
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Hey guys, first time posting but had a question. I had the same noise on my 15 Yamaha Drive and went ahead and just installed the grommet today. I’ve had the cart since last July and it’s the first time I’ve pulled the motor. The grommet seemed to solve the noise but question for the group, should the motor and transaxle be as clean as Buckwilds in the pics above? Mine is covered in what looks like brake dust. Wiped some off and it was pretty greasy stuff. Should have taken a pic but didn’t. Also, when the grommet is on should the motor sit flush still? I tightened mine best I could and there’s still a 1/32” or so between the motor and the trans. Any thoughts would be great, ran it for about 20 minutes after with no issue. Thanks!
brundog17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 09:56 AM   #17
cgtech

Yamaha

A gap between the axle & motor? Do not drive, you will damage the bearings in the motor and/or input shaft. The grommet sometimes has to be trimmed to fit, there should be about the width of a penny between motor & axle Before you tighten it, and no gap when your done. Asfar as the dirt, clean it up, if it comes back, you have a problem, oil leak attracting dirt.
Old 03-09-2020, 10:12 AM   #18
brundog17
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thanks cgtech for responding so fast, I was worried about the same. Ok so I’ll trim the grommet and get it snug, it just goes straight in the shaft correct? Nothing comes out first? Also for cleaning it up, just wipe it down or can I use some brake cleaner or anything like that? Lastly I took it to the dealer to get the speed code installed and they said I was losing 18v into the frame, potentially because my armature was going bad. I have not been able to replicate what they found, have you ever heard of that before? Anyway to test voltage in the frame? I tried using my meter and couldn’t find anything.
Old 03-09-2020, 10:13 AM   #19
brundog17
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Sorry meant in the motor.
Old 03-09-2020, 02:58 PM   #20
cgtech

Yamaha

Its probably "stray voltage" from carbon dust in the motor & usually no big deal. If your concerned, remove the motor & blow it out with compressed air until no more dust can be made to come out.

Wear a mask & stay away from the dust, it's horrible to inhale. Will be choking for 5 minutes & probably really good for your lungs too....
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha