lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-12-2017, 09:11 PM   #11
FireFighterHill
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: How Many Lithium Upgrades out there?

Well now that I have 4 carts I was think 3 of the cheap options and one 72v for a tricked out build. :P
FireFighterHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-12-2017, 09:51 PM   #12
agpfl
Wild Gone

E-Z-GO

I am selling this pack. http://evbatterycenter.com/HAC4/inde...led&Itemid=605. PM me if interested. I sold the cart it was in.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
agpfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 01:14 PM   #13
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyre View Post
I'm looking for more like 40 to 50 miles, so I figure about a 120 AH system. I am looking for the right setup to get that kind of distance on flat roads.

Just looking into this setup, but don't know if it's the way to go....

http://evbatterycenter.com/HAC4/inde...-15&Itemid=605
That is the one to get for your application and distance. Right now, Nick (@EV) is dealing with an extended illness and is not shipping packs for a while. Well, EV may ship the pack but not the BMS until he is back and tests them before they are shipped out.
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 01:19 PM   #14
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Including my own cart, I have installed eight Lithium packs from Nick at EV Battery in member's carts at our club.Two - 14 module 58V packs, Five - 7 module 58V packs and One - 10 module 42V pack in a stock 36V TXT. All are doing very well.
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 01:37 PM   #15
agpfl
Wild Gone

E-Z-GO

I have installed 2 of the packs I referenced above. I was so happy with the first, I got a second for a new ground up build. Turned out I could not (was not allowed) to keep both carts so sold old one an kept pack. I am sure I will build another in about 6 months.

agpfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 10:20 AM   #16
flyons78
Getting Wild
Club Car

Has anyone used the lithium ion packs from other manufacturers? An example would be the 12v batteries from https://www.lithiumion-batteries.com/EVGOLFCART.php. Is there any downside apart from paying a lot more? I'm in desperate need of batteries and want to go Lithium, but with Nick from EVBatteryCenter out of commission for an unknown period of time, I'm not sure what else to do that's easy.
flyons78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 11:33 AM   #17
1sharphook

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyons78 View Post
Has anyone used the lithium ion packs from other manufacturers?
I have not used any of these but here are other sources that you might consider:

https://battlebornbatteries.com/

https://www.lithiumpros.com/

http://www.relionbattery.com/

These three are on my consideration list for both my boat trolling motor and golf cart.

Personally, there is no way I'd consider painting myself into a corner if Nick is a one man band.
Old 08-14-2017, 12:11 PM   #18
gravelydude
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I am using the CALB batteries from Chinese Aviation Lithium Company. These batteries are commonly used in electric car conversions. You can find out the specs and availability of these batteries by googling "CALB batteries". The batteries that I have installed in both my Club Car and my Hyundai carts are 100AH batteries. I have bottom balanced both packs, and do not use a BMS for either pack. Both carts are old resistor coil carts that are now 42V instead of 36V. I use an old 36 volt Lester charger to charge both packs, cutting off the charger when the pack gets to 46 volts (3.54 volts per cell.)
gravelydude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 01:02 PM   #19
Gregorio
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravelydude View Post
I am using the CALB batteries from Chinese Aviation Lithium Company. These batteries are commonly used in electric car conversions. You can find out the specs and availability of these batteries by googling "CALB batteries". The batteries that I have installed in both my Club Car and my Hyundai carts are 100AH batteries. I have bottom balanced both packs, and do not use a BMS for either pack. Both carts are old resistor coil carts that are now 42V instead of 36V. I use an old 36 volt Lester charger to charge both packs, cutting off the charger when the pack gets to 46 volts (3.54 volts per cell.)
I was looking at the same batteries but found the Leaf modules to be a little less expensive and an easier package to deal with because it was all assembled already.

When I replace my home battery backup system later this year, I will be using the CALB 180 batteries. How do you measure each cell without BMS?
Gregorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 01:11 PM   #20
soultrain65
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by agpfl View Post
I am selling this pack. http://evbatterycenter.com/HAC4/inde...led&Itemid=605. PM me if interested. I sold the cart it was in.

Trying to send a PM. Not sure how on this site. Ah, figured it out.

Last edited by soultrain65; 08-14-2017 at 01:16 PM.. Reason: not too bright.
soultrain65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car